EastGroup Properties sees increase in quarterly earnings
by Associated Press
Published: February 15,2012
JACKSON — EastGroup Properties says profits rose in the fourth quarter as occupancy increased and expansion continued.
The real estate investment trust says quarterly profit rose to $6.4 million, or 24 cents per share. That’s up 30 percent from $4.9 million, or 18 cents per share, in the same three months of 2010.
Analysts polled by FactSet had predicted 23 cents per share, on average.
Revenue for the quarter rose 5 percent to $44 million. Analysts had expected $44.6 million.
EastGroup said yesterday during the quarter it bought 1.15 million square feet of warehouse space in Tampa, Fla., paying $57 million; and 172,000 square feet of space in San Antonio, paying $8.1 million. The firm is building warehouses in Houston, San Antonio and Orlando, Fla.
Occupancy rose to 93.9 percent.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Chris McDaniel gets a thank you note from Travis Childers
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- UPDATED: House subcommittee tosses discrimination elements from religious freedom bill
- States settle with manufacturers in DRAM price-fixing case
- Quapaw Canoe Company gains legislative support in battle with tax department
- The link between education and economic development
- Reactive Surfaces files lawsuit against Toyota in patent dispute
- Navy supercomputing power to grow
- Irby commits suicide after wife's prison release