EastGroup Properties sees increase in quarterly earnings
Published: February 15,2012
JACKSON — EastGroup Properties says profits rose in the fourth quarter as occupancy increased and expansion continued.
The real estate investment trust says quarterly profit rose to $6.4 million, or 24 cents per share. That’s up 30 percent from $4.9 million, or 18 cents per share, in the same three months of 2010.
Analysts polled by FactSet had predicted 23 cents per share, on average.
Revenue for the quarter rose 5 percent to $44 million. Analysts had expected $44.6 million.
EastGroup said yesterday during the quarter it bought 1.15 million square feet of warehouse space in Tampa, Fla., paying $57 million; and 172,000 square feet of space in San Antonio, paying $8.1 million. The firm is building warehouses in Houston, San Antonio and Orlando, Fla.
Occupancy rose to 93.9 percent.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- MSU reminding fans that drones are prohibited at football games
- Former DPS employees sentenced for selling bogus driver's licenses
- Politics of paying for transportation: Hand wringing and a lot of talk
- Researchers: Trapping, not hunting, best way to control wild hogs
- DeSoto County Supervisor Lee dies in ATV accident on his birthday
- Research on dogs could lead to better understanding of human cancer
- Keesler Medical Center set to begin $74M renovation project
- ONE MORE YEAR: Leaders want year more of study on comprehensive road, bridge upkeep
- Community college dedicating new welding technology center