EastGroup Properties sees increase in quarterly earnings
by Associated Press
Published: February 15,2012
JACKSON — EastGroup Properties says profits rose in the fourth quarter as occupancy increased and expansion continued.
The real estate investment trust says quarterly profit rose to $6.4 million, or 24 cents per share. That’s up 30 percent from $4.9 million, or 18 cents per share, in the same three months of 2010.
Analysts polled by FactSet had predicted 23 cents per share, on average.
Revenue for the quarter rose 5 percent to $44 million. Analysts had expected $44.6 million.
EastGroup said yesterday during the quarter it bought 1.15 million square feet of warehouse space in Tampa, Fla., paying $57 million; and 172,000 square feet of space in San Antonio, paying $8.1 million. The firm is building warehouses in Houston, San Antonio and Orlando, Fla.
Occupancy rose to 93.9 percent.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- Prescription for success — Transcript Pharmacy continues fast growth
- MSU researchers develop timber-management software
- New law on taxing methods hailed as big win for businesses
- Panther Creek megasite — Putting a value proposition out there
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- Panther Creek's location in medical industry zone boosts bio-med prospects
- BBB issues warning involving asphalt paving scam
- Chris McDaniel responds to radio show audio clip