Ex-chancery clerk indicted, accused of embezzlement
Published: February 16,2012
LEAKESVILLE — Former Greene County chancery clerk Latricia Cornelson has been indicted for embezzlement.
The indictment, according to state Auditor Stacey Pickering, alleges Cornelson diverted $54,133 in county funds to her own use.
Pickering says Cornelson was arrested on seven counts of embezzlement. The alleged thefts occurred during her time as Greene County chancery clerk.
Pickering says the alleged embezzlement took place from January 2005 to November 2007.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Ridgeland property rights tussle is expected to have wide impact
- Host families prepare for Mississippi Braves’ season
- JOSH MABUS — Mississippi’s Healthcare: Not a quality problem, a marketing problem
- Mississippi takes an incentives licking, keeps on ticking
- Investors in Northbrook complex say Ridgeland targeting its own collateral for demolition
- AWAITING ITS FATE: Gables complex may have to shrink to meet law
- HUNTER ARNOLD: Mississippi, Gulf Coast states focus on global business markets
- PHIL HARDWICK: When will Mississippi change its culture?
- Mississippi furniture makers on rebound with more exports