Ex-chancery clerk indicted, accused of embezzlement
by Associated Press
Published: February 16,2012
LEAKESVILLE — Former Greene County chancery clerk Latricia Cornelson has been indicted for embezzlement.
The indictment, according to state Auditor Stacey Pickering, alleges Cornelson diverted $54,133 in county funds to her own use.
Pickering says Cornelson was arrested on seven counts of embezzlement. The alleged thefts occurred during her time as Greene County chancery clerk.
Pickering says the alleged embezzlement took place from January 2005 to November 2007.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Alumni-couple donate $12.3M to Mississippi State
- IKE TROTTER: There are primary changes in Social Security for 2014
- MAN OF STEEL: Madhu Ranade leading Severstal Columbus
- Town given Obamacare insurance break, but faces additional costs in 2015
- TRIP releases report on state's crumbling roads, bridges
- Expert on airlines predicts Jackson-Evers will keep remaining carriers
- Butler Snow Advisory Services adds Jimmy Bailey
- C Spire launches next phase of 1-gig service rollout
- MDA to lead delegation on mission to Europe
- Public meeting called to mull future of convention center