Ex-chancery clerk indicted, accused of embezzlement
Published: February 16,2012
LEAKESVILLE — Former Greene County chancery clerk Latricia Cornelson has been indicted for embezzlement.
The indictment, according to state Auditor Stacey Pickering, alleges Cornelson diverted $54,133 in county funds to her own use.
Pickering says Cornelson was arrested on seven counts of embezzlement. The alleged thefts occurred during her time as Greene County chancery clerk.
Pickering says the alleged embezzlement took place from January 2005 to November 2007.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- DeSoto County Supervisor Lee dies in ATV accident on his birthday
- Molpus closes Fund after more than $662M in commitments
- Kemper County plant will cost at least another $496M to complete
- Cochran calls on EPA for review of Yazoo Backwater Project
- State Sen. Gandy hospitalized in South America
- Camgian launches Internet of Things product called Egburt
- Former Mississippi First Lady Carroll Waller dies at 87
- Number of requests for general election absentee ballots roughly same as primary
- After string of losses, O'Hara sees himself as Senate 'protest vote'