Ex-chancery clerk indicted, accused of embezzlement
Published: February 16,2012
LEAKESVILLE — Former Greene County chancery clerk Latricia Cornelson has been indicted for embezzlement.
The indictment, according to state Auditor Stacey Pickering, alleges Cornelson diverted $54,133 in county funds to her own use.
Pickering says Cornelson was arrested on seven counts of embezzlement. The alleged thefts occurred during her time as Greene County chancery clerk.
Pickering says the alleged embezzlement took place from January 2005 to November 2007.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- Ex-state employee gets jail time for embezzling from school
- Madison's Christmas on Ice will not take place this year
- SPECIAL REPORT: Land may hold key to Jackson airport’s success
- Ex-judge disciplined, but not barred, by Supreme Court
- SPECIAL REPORT: A savvy pro is sought for Jackson airport's CEO
- Gunn: State's GOP needs to heal after Senate primary battle
- Bank welcomes Little
- USM Foundation sees second-highest fundraising total in history