Ex-chancery clerk indicted, accused of embezzlement
Published: February 16,2012
LEAKESVILLE — Former Greene County chancery clerk Latricia Cornelson has been indicted for embezzlement.
The indictment, according to state Auditor Stacey Pickering, alleges Cornelson diverted $54,133 in county funds to her own use.
Pickering says Cornelson was arrested on seven counts of embezzlement. The alleged thefts occurred during her time as Greene County chancery clerk.
Pickering says the alleged embezzlement took place from January 2005 to November 2007.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Longtime Biloxi mayor Holloway resigns
- Proposed ammo ban empties shelves
- DAVID DALLAS: Tax slasher productions comes to Mississippi
- (UPDATED — BREAKING NEWS) American Specialty Alloys won’t locate $1.2B mill in Mississippi
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- Status of some bills in the Mississippi Legislature
- ASA postmortem: industrial recruiting is a constant cycle of death and life
- Hattiesburg wastewater treatment system could cost $152M
- Events and Nominations