Norfolk Southern signs biodiesel agreement for rail yard
by MBJ Staff
Published: February 16,2012
MERIDIAN — Dynamic Fuels, LLC and Mansfield Oil Company have signed an agreement to supply renewable diesel to Norfolk Southern Corporation, a transporter of coal and industrial products. Norfolk Southern has primarily been using a Dynamic Fuels renewable diesel at its Meridian rail yard since early January.
Dynamic Fuels, a 50/50 venture owned by Tyson Foods Inc. and Syntroleum Corporation, recently signed commercial off-take and strategic alliance agreements with Mansfield to market renewable diesel to fleet customers. Dynamic Fuels, operator of the first commercial advanced biofuels plant in the United States, produces next-generation renewable and synthetic fuels from animal fats and greases. The company’s Geismar, La., plant produces renewable diesel as “drop in” fuel that can replace 100 percent of petroleum diesel in a diesel engine without engine modification.
Gerhard Thelen, Norfolk Southern vice president operations planning and support, said, “Our locomotive engines are completely compatible with the pure renewable diesel provided by Dynamic Fuels and Mansfield. Together, they have provided seamless integration of renewable diesel supply into our Meridian, Miss., yard.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Jail kitchen supervisor pleads guilty to stealing food
- Warden who lives hundreds of miles from jail resigns
- A BIG CHANGE: New mortgage rules seen bringing increase in pricey mobile home loans
- Top 10 finalists chosen for C Spire Conerly Trophy
- Ex-MDEQ leader Fisher joins Butler Snow
- State’s new banking chief Charlotte Corley has deep roots in the business
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- DAVID DALLAS: Savor this Thanksgiving and be grateful
- BankPlus recognized for alternative program to payday lending