Norfolk Southern signs biodiesel agreement for rail yard
by MBJ Staff
Published: February 16,2012
MERIDIAN — Dynamic Fuels, LLC and Mansfield Oil Company have signed an agreement to supply renewable diesel to Norfolk Southern Corporation, a transporter of coal and industrial products. Norfolk Southern has primarily been using a Dynamic Fuels renewable diesel at its Meridian rail yard since early January.
Dynamic Fuels, a 50/50 venture owned by Tyson Foods Inc. and Syntroleum Corporation, recently signed commercial off-take and strategic alliance agreements with Mansfield to market renewable diesel to fleet customers. Dynamic Fuels, operator of the first commercial advanced biofuels plant in the United States, produces next-generation renewable and synthetic fuels from animal fats and greases. The company’s Geismar, La., plant produces renewable diesel as “drop in” fuel that can replace 100 percent of petroleum diesel in a diesel engine without engine modification.
Gerhard Thelen, Norfolk Southern vice president operations planning and support, said, “Our locomotive engines are completely compatible with the pure renewable diesel provided by Dynamic Fuels and Mansfield. Together, they have provided seamless integration of renewable diesel supply into our Meridian, Miss., yard.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Wasted away — Margaritaville in Biloxi to close by Sept. 19
- WILLOUGHBY: Broadband Voice founder Gary Watts isn’t afraid to take chances
- Severstal selling plants, including Severstal Columbus
- Two BancorpSouth mergers delayed by federal inquiries
- McDaniel alleges GOP race-baiting; says party should be 'purged'
- Police find Attorney General Hood's stolen handgun
- Mississippi Power conducts successful tests at Kemper plant
- Seafood dealer/processor guilty of illegal handling of oysters
- Pickwick Pines settles lawsuit; pays $260K