Norfolk Southern signs biodiesel agreement for rail yard
by MBJ Staff
Published: February 16,2012
MERIDIAN — Dynamic Fuels, LLC and Mansfield Oil Company have signed an agreement to supply renewable diesel to Norfolk Southern Corporation, a transporter of coal and industrial products. Norfolk Southern has primarily been using a Dynamic Fuels renewable diesel at its Meridian rail yard since early January.
Dynamic Fuels, a 50/50 venture owned by Tyson Foods Inc. and Syntroleum Corporation, recently signed commercial off-take and strategic alliance agreements with Mansfield to market renewable diesel to fleet customers. Dynamic Fuels, operator of the first commercial advanced biofuels plant in the United States, produces next-generation renewable and synthetic fuels from animal fats and greases. The company’s Geismar, La., plant produces renewable diesel as “drop in” fuel that can replace 100 percent of petroleum diesel in a diesel engine without engine modification.
Gerhard Thelen, Norfolk Southern vice president operations planning and support, said, “Our locomotive engines are completely compatible with the pure renewable diesel provided by Dynamic Fuels and Mansfield. Together, they have provided seamless integration of renewable diesel supply into our Meridian, Miss., yard.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Canadian company purchasing Southern Lumber for nearly $50M
- Winchester lands $50M ammunition contract from Homeland Security
- Lawmakers question education leaders about escalating administrative costs
- Deer processors need to use caution to insure safe, tasty venison
- Pearl ordering rental properties to retrofit with sprinklers, build storm shelters
- C Spire completes acquisition of MegaGate Broadband
- Jackson’s Landmark Center slated for mixed-use conversion
- Peavey Electronics reorganizing under new globalization plan
- 50 Leading Business Women in Mississippi (digital magazine)
- Ex-circuit clerk Palmertree gets 10 years for embezzlement