OSHA cites Bude’s Franklin Lumber Co. for safety violations
Published: February 16,2012
BUDE — The Occupational Safety and Health Administration has cited a Bude company for 22 safety violations and has proposed penalties of $103,356.
OSHA officials say in a news release that it cited Franklin Lumber Co. for, among other things, failing to prevent accumulations of combustible dust, to provide guardrails around equipment, to cover live electrical parts and failing to properly label hazardous chemicals.
Franklin Lumber is a division of Cortez Byrd L.P., which is located in Brookhaven.
The company has 15 days to appeal.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Spivey named Under 40 Business Person of the Year by the Mississippi Business Journal
- Bids on reworking Interstate 55 stretch are rejected
- JACK WEATHERLY: Finding a house, defending a neighborhood, finding a voice
- Terminal upgrade on indefinite hold at Jackson International Airport
- JACK WEATHERLY: Economic development in these parts is a ‘family’ business
- Report ranks state schools' performance 51st in the nation
- Hosemann to launch crowd funding program
- CFPB wants repay ability at center of new payday loan rules
- Two new casinos like the odds on Mississippi Gulf Coast