OSHA cites Bude’s Franklin Lumber Co. for safety violations
Published: February 16,2012
BUDE — The Occupational Safety and Health Administration has cited a Bude company for 22 safety violations and has proposed penalties of $103,356.
OSHA officials say in a news release that it cited Franklin Lumber Co. for, among other things, failing to prevent accumulations of combustible dust, to provide guardrails around equipment, to cover live electrical parts and failing to properly label hazardous chemicals.
Franklin Lumber is a division of Cortez Byrd L.P., which is located in Brookhaven.
The company has 15 days to appeal.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Peavey's wellness program honored after workers drop 1,000 pounds
- Group, lesbian couples look to overturn state's ban on same-sex marriages
- Pickering lists concerns over Mississippi Adequate Education Program formula
- Watkins says JRA out to block him from Farish by repaying HUD $1.5M
- Mississippi Film Studios signs contract with New Orleans company
- State renews battle over water use with city of Memphis
- Mars Food expanding Delta plant; investing $31M and adding jobs
- DAVID DALLAS: You say “Obama”, I say “Ebola”
- Biloxi baseball project still alive but may be held for 2015