OSHA cites Bude’s Franklin Lumber Co. for safety violations
Published: February 16,2012
BUDE — The Occupational Safety and Health Administration has cited a Bude company for 22 safety violations and has proposed penalties of $103,356.
OSHA officials say in a news release that it cited Franklin Lumber Co. for, among other things, failing to prevent accumulations of combustible dust, to provide guardrails around equipment, to cover live electrical parts and failing to properly label hazardous chemicals.
Franklin Lumber is a division of Cortez Byrd L.P., which is located in Brookhaven.
The company has 15 days to appeal.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Host families prepare for Mississippi Braves’ season
- PHIL HARDWICK: When will Mississippi change its culture?
- Ridgeland property rights tussle is expected to have wide impact
- JOSH MABUS — Mississippi’s Healthcare: Not a quality problem, a marketing problem
- Mississippi takes an incentives licking, keeps on ticking
- Bill would open hospital meetings, expand records access
- (VIDEO) ALAN TURNER: Wilson says he’s ready for elected office
- Choctaws' new hospital nearing completion
- Mississippi furniture makers on rebound with more exports