Tye, Marsalis in runoff for Ripley mayor’s office
by Associated Press
Published: February 16,2012
RIPLEY — Breat Tye and Chris Marsalis will participate in the Feb. 28 runoff for mayor of Ripley.
After affidavit ballots were counted yesterday and the election certified, Tye had 262 votes to 244 for Marsalis.
Nine candidates were on the Tuesday ballot.
City election officials had to switch to paper ballots Tuesday after Tye discovered about an hour after polls opened that his name had been left off the ballot used by electronic voting machines.
The winner will serve the remaining term of Kerri Hill, who died in December.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- School superintendent terminated after party funds, travel questions
- Telepak strikes another branding deal with C Spire
- Airline announces new service at Oxford
- Accounting firm finds problems at troubled MDMR
- C Spire launches new WiFi On app for Android-powered phones
- South's oldest casino to reopen as Golden Nugget
- At age 17, ‘the flagpole kid’ is already a business success story
- Hosemann recruiting Realtors to market tax-forfeited property
- Doctor appeals Medicaid, Medicare fraud conviction