Tye, Marsalis in runoff for Ripley mayor’s office
Published: February 16,2012
RIPLEY — Breat Tye and Chris Marsalis will participate in the Feb. 28 runoff for mayor of Ripley.
After affidavit ballots were counted yesterday and the election certified, Tye had 262 votes to 244 for Marsalis.
Nine candidates were on the Tuesday ballot.
City election officials had to switch to paper ballots Tuesday after Tye discovered about an hour after polls opened that his name had been left off the ballot used by electronic voting machines.
The winner will serve the remaining term of Kerri Hill, who died in December.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- J.McLaughlin to open in Highland Village next spring
- MBJ exclusive: Jackson’s new airport CEO fulfills desire to taking on the top job
- New Mississippi state highway map is available for the public
- Hyatt-Place is Columbus’ newest hotel option
- DAVID DALLAS: Who in the Hell are We?
- Analysts hail BancorpSouth stock buyback as ‘handsome’ reward for shareholders
- Tanger Outlets involved in Southaven project