Tye, Marsalis in runoff for Ripley mayor’s office
by Associated Press
Published: February 16,2012
RIPLEY — Breat Tye and Chris Marsalis will participate in the Feb. 28 runoff for mayor of Ripley.
After affidavit ballots were counted yesterday and the election certified, Tye had 262 votes to 244 for Marsalis.
Nine candidates were on the Tuesday ballot.
City election officials had to switch to paper ballots Tuesday after Tye discovered about an hour after polls opened that his name had been left off the ballot used by electronic voting machines.
The winner will serve the remaining term of Kerri Hill, who died in December.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Fervor grows for Tuscaloosa Marine Shale
- Click Boutique revives Hattiesburg downtown retail district
- District at Eastover construction to start later this year
- LNG facility hoping to begin exporting natural gas
- Doctor's murder-for-hire case postponed, mental evaluation pending
- ACLU could sue over state's new school prayer law
- Hatchery releases largemouth bass fingerlings in three rivers
- Bill exempting small farms from fuel storage regs passes Senate
- Mayor wants 'trial run' of hotel/restaurant tax next month