Tye, Marsalis in runoff for Ripley mayor’s office
Published: February 16,2012
RIPLEY — Breat Tye and Chris Marsalis will participate in the Feb. 28 runoff for mayor of Ripley.
After affidavit ballots were counted yesterday and the election certified, Tye had 262 votes to 244 for Marsalis.
Nine candidates were on the Tuesday ballot.
City election officials had to switch to paper ballots Tuesday after Tye discovered about an hour after polls opened that his name had been left off the ballot used by electronic voting machines.
The winner will serve the remaining term of Kerri Hill, who died in December.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- ANITA MODAK-TRURAN — Mississippi’s motion picture renaissance
- Entergy gives solar a shot
- Challenging times ahead for Pearl’s manufactured home residents, apartment complex owners
- Critics say Pearl out to eliminate mobile homes and apartments – not safeguard them
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- WRESTLING SUCCESS — Ted DiBiase Jr. leaves ring to become entrepreneur
- State Sen. McDaniel traveling Mississippi to promote PAC
- Despite obstacles, craft beer industry growing
- Irby commits suicide after wife's prison release