Tye, Marsalis in runoff for Ripley mayor’s office
Published: February 16,2012
RIPLEY — Breat Tye and Chris Marsalis will participate in the Feb. 28 runoff for mayor of Ripley.
After affidavit ballots were counted yesterday and the election certified, Tye had 262 votes to 244 for Marsalis.
Nine candidates were on the Tuesday ballot.
City election officials had to switch to paper ballots Tuesday after Tye discovered about an hour after polls opened that his name had been left off the ballot used by electronic voting machines.
The winner will serve the remaining term of Kerri Hill, who died in December.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- A BIG CHANGE: New mortgage rules seen bringing increase in pricey mobile home loans
- Ex-MDEQ leader Fisher joins Butler Snow
- Hunting-weapons legislation passes House
- Warden who lives hundreds of miles from jail resigns
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- Jail kitchen supervisor pleads guilty to stealing food
- WILLOUGHBY: Bernie Reed cites hard work as key to success of Reed’s Metals
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years