Tye, Marsalis in runoff for Ripley mayor’s office
Published: February 16,2012
RIPLEY — Breat Tye and Chris Marsalis will participate in the Feb. 28 runoff for mayor of Ripley.
After affidavit ballots were counted yesterday and the election certified, Tye had 262 votes to 244 for Marsalis.
Nine candidates were on the Tuesday ballot.
City election officials had to switch to paper ballots Tuesday after Tye discovered about an hour after polls opened that his name had been left off the ballot used by electronic voting machines.
The winner will serve the remaining term of Kerri Hill, who died in December.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Voters to decide whether hunting, fishing is constitutional right
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Andrew Adams helps grow Addicus
- DAVID DALLAS: You say “Obama”, I say “Ebola”
- Grand juries charge seven with election violations
- Dak Prescott's autograph fetches a pretty penny
- Butler Snow names Crockoft new office director
- Farm theft investigation recovers $200K in stolen equipment
- MISSISSIPPI RISING: Time to sell the image
- C Spire wins national award, cash prize for marketing analytics