Kilgore: Nuclear reactor behind schedule, over budget
Published: February 17,2012
NORTH MISSISSIPPI — The second nuclear reactor at TVA’s Watts Bar Nuclear Plant will not be completed on schedule and will be over budget.
Tennessee Valley Authority president and CEO Tom Kilgore updated the government utility’s board yesterday during a meeting in Chattanooga, Tenn.
Kilgore said Watts Bar Unit 2 in Spring City, Tenn., would not be finished by 2013 as was expected when the board approved its construction schedule in 2007. Kilgore also told board members the project would exceed its $2.49 billion budget. It is unclear by how much.
However, Kilgore assured the board that the unit will still be a cost-effective generator of electricity.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS: Who in the Hell are We?
- New Mississippi state highway map is available for the public
- Tanger Outlets involved in Southaven project
- Ikea confirms plan for Memphis store
- McCrory joins Epps in asking for trial delay
- Ingalls to lease former SRHS clinic in Gautier for employee medical center
- Former Lane Furniture plant sold for $1.45 million
- OUR VIEW: JRA evolving toward transparency? Maybe, maybe not
- Jon-Paul Croom made CEO