Kilgore: Nuclear reactor behind schedule, over budget
Published: February 17,2012
NORTH MISSISSIPPI — The second nuclear reactor at TVA’s Watts Bar Nuclear Plant will not be completed on schedule and will be over budget.
Tennessee Valley Authority president and CEO Tom Kilgore updated the government utility’s board yesterday during a meeting in Chattanooga, Tenn.
Kilgore said Watts Bar Unit 2 in Spring City, Tenn., would not be finished by 2013 as was expected when the board approved its construction schedule in 2007. Kilgore also told board members the project would exceed its $2.49 billion budget. It is unclear by how much.
However, Kilgore assured the board that the unit will still be a cost-effective generator of electricity.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Mad Genius, Eyevox owner acquires Mississippi Film Studios
- UPDATE — David Watkins says JRA left him in dark about HUD's Farish St. involvement
- Grain buyer’s bankruptcy could take steep toll on Delta farmers
- Payday lender, fired executive exchanging blame for lender’s regulatory woes
- UMMC reaching out after death of high school football player
- Fitch gives Mississippi Power a negative outlook due to Kemper plant
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- Report: Mississippi has worst child poverty rate in U.S.
- UPDATED: Jackson agrees to repay HUD $1.5 million for Farish Street blunders