Kilgore: Nuclear reactor behind schedule, over budget
Published: February 17,2012
NORTH MISSISSIPPI — The second nuclear reactor at TVA’s Watts Bar Nuclear Plant will not be completed on schedule and will be over budget.
Tennessee Valley Authority president and CEO Tom Kilgore updated the government utility’s board yesterday during a meeting in Chattanooga, Tenn.
Kilgore said Watts Bar Unit 2 in Spring City, Tenn., would not be finished by 2013 as was expected when the board approved its construction schedule in 2007. Kilgore also told board members the project would exceed its $2.49 billion budget. It is unclear by how much.
However, Kilgore assured the board that the unit will still be a cost-effective generator of electricity.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- The Dan Jones-IHL saga: Is this the story that started it all?
- DAVID DALLAS — From Dan and Dixie with love
- Email from Nash to Delta Council’s Morgan included in DHA court file
- Dan Jones rejects IHL offer, won't publicly apologize
- Delta Health Alliance CEO Karen Fox under investigation for possible misuse of funds
- BREAKING NEWS: Trustees offer new deal to Ole Miss chancellor Dan Jones
- Suit against Kemper employee Brett Wingo is dismissed
- Ole Miss chancellor: Talks continue over job status
- WRESTLING SUCCESS — Ted DiBiase Jr. leaves ring to become entrepreneur