Kilgore: Nuclear reactor behind schedule, over budget
Published: February 17,2012
NORTH MISSISSIPPI — The second nuclear reactor at TVA’s Watts Bar Nuclear Plant will not be completed on schedule and will be over budget.
Tennessee Valley Authority president and CEO Tom Kilgore updated the government utility’s board yesterday during a meeting in Chattanooga, Tenn.
Kilgore said Watts Bar Unit 2 in Spring City, Tenn., would not be finished by 2013 as was expected when the board approved its construction schedule in 2007. Kilgore also told board members the project would exceed its $2.49 billion budget. It is unclear by how much.
However, Kilgore assured the board that the unit will still be a cost-effective generator of electricity.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Congressional delegation applauds Air Force's decision on Keesler, but not satisfied
- Report: Mississippi sees biggest hike in home insurance premiums in U.S.
- Businessman involved in Frankel insurance scam dies at 81
- Giles Ward will not seek reelection to Senate
- County rescinds gun ban; sheriff says lawmakers may 'deal with the consequences'
- (UPDATED) Making Jackson-Evers affordable to Allegiant is key to regaining Orlando service
- Commission to decide if emergency should be declared in Delta school system
- Leadership in Law nomination form
- Ex-state employee gets jail time for embezzling from school
- MDOT study: State's airports generate $2.5B-plus in economic activity