Kilgore: Nuclear reactor behind schedule, over budget
Published: February 17,2012
NORTH MISSISSIPPI — The second nuclear reactor at TVA’s Watts Bar Nuclear Plant will not be completed on schedule and will be over budget.
Tennessee Valley Authority president and CEO Tom Kilgore updated the government utility’s board yesterday during a meeting in Chattanooga, Tenn.
Kilgore said Watts Bar Unit 2 in Spring City, Tenn., would not be finished by 2013 as was expected when the board approved its construction schedule in 2007. Kilgore also told board members the project would exceed its $2.49 billion budget. It is unclear by how much.
However, Kilgore assured the board that the unit will still be a cost-effective generator of electricity.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- DeSoto County Supervisor Lee dies in ATV accident on his birthday
- Kemper County plant will cost at least another $496M to complete
- Molpus closes Fund after more than $662M in commitments
- State Sen. Gandy hospitalized in South America
- Cochran calls on EPA for review of Yazoo Backwater Project
- Camgian launches Internet of Things product called Egburt
- Number of requests for general election absentee ballots roughly same as primary
- Former Mississippi First Lady Carroll Waller dies at 87
- After string of losses, O'Hara sees himself as Senate 'protest vote'