Bourne named president
by MBJ Staff
Published: February 19,2012
Krista Bourne has been named president-Houston/Gulf Coast Region at Verizon Wireless. She replaces Kay Henze, who was recently named vice president-marketing for the Northeast Area. In this role, Bourne leads more than 2,500 employees and is responsible for directing sales, marketing, operations and financial performance across an area stretching from southeastern Texas along the Gulf Coast to the Florida Panhandle. The Houston/Gulf Coast region is headquartered in Houston, Texas, which is part of the company’s South Area.
Bourne has 12 years of technology industry experience with Verizon Wireless, including extensive experience in the customer service and retail sales channels. She most recently served as director-retail sales for the Northeast Area’s Upstate New York Region, where she was responsible for strategic and revenue growth. Prior to that, she served as manager-care operations in the Northeast Area. She went on to serve as director-customer service for the Northeast, and then the South Area, before returning to the Northeast as director-retail sales.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Molpus closes Fund after more than $662M in commitments
- Realtors chooses Nita Wingard
- DeSoto County Supervisor Lee dies in ATV accident on his birthday
- No debate, but Cochran and Childers lobby for votes for Senate
- Entergy agrees to cut $35M from its new rate plan
- Politics of paying for transportation: Hand wringing and a lot of talk
- MSU reminding fans that drones are prohibited at football games
- Ford Foundation gives to UM for new science building
- Kemper County plant will cost at least another $496M to complete