Council presents awards
by MBJ Staff
Published: February 19,2012
The Mississippi Humanities Council has announced the recipients of its 2012 Public Humanities Awards. The awards recognize contributions by Mississippians to the study and understanding of the humanities.
The recipients are: Dr. Elizabeth Anne Payne of Oxford, Humanities Scholar Award; Rachel Jarman of Jackson, Humanities Educator Award; Beverly Norris, Humanities Partner Award; Edie Greene of Jackson and Shugana Williams of Gulfport, Preserver of Mississippi Culture; and, Forrest W. Galey of Jackson, Special Recognition Award.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Baseball stadium for Farish Street? It’s possible
- White House hotel making comeback in Biloxi
- Supreme Court deals blow to McDaniel's election challenge
- Guns OK inside Mississippi polling places, attorney general says
- State GOP chairman calls on McDaniel to hurry with challenge
- McCarthy hired as CFO of Mississippi Development Authority
- 'Get on Up' movie premiers in Madison with Chadwick Boseman and Tate Taylor walking the red carpet
- Bryant protests immigrant children being housed in state
- Gunn, Reeves introduce performance-based budget plan
- Three indicted, alleged to have embezzled from agency