Council presents awards
by MBJ Staff
Published: February 19,2012
The Mississippi Humanities Council has announced the recipients of its 2012 Public Humanities Awards. The awards recognize contributions by Mississippians to the study and understanding of the humanities.
The recipients are: Dr. Elizabeth Anne Payne of Oxford, Humanities Scholar Award; Rachel Jarman of Jackson, Humanities Educator Award; Beverly Norris, Humanities Partner Award; Edie Greene of Jackson and Shugana Williams of Gulfport, Preserver of Mississippi Culture; and, Forrest W. Galey of Jackson, Special Recognition Award.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Chris McDaniel gets a thank you note from Travis Childers
- Senate passes teacher pay raise legislation
- Pickering collects more money from failed beef plant project
- The First acquiring Alabama bank in cash/stock deal
- Lawmakers debating alternative to Medicaid expansion
- Todd Smith's Spin Cycle — Not milk! It’s end of era for milk industry’s iconic ‘Got Milk?’ campaign
- States settle with manufacturers in DRAM price-fixing case
- District at Eastover takes shape with financing in place, tenant signings under way
- MBJ's Businesswoman of the Year never expected her career to take this path
- Mississippi ag aviation plays a critical role in production and profitability