Gumm earns honor
by MBJ Staff
Published: February 19,2012
Jay Paul Gumm, executive director of the Stone County Economic Development Partnership (EDP), received an award for leadership in economic development at the Mississippi Economic Development Council’s Winter Conference. Gumm, who just completed his first year with the EDP, won the Jimmy and Ray Heidel Leadership Award. Jimmy Heidel, for whom the award is named, presented the award. Heidel spent three decades in economic development, including eight years as executive director of the Mississippi state Department of Economic and Community Development.
Prior to his service in Stone County, Gumm served two terms as a member of the Oklahoma Senate, representing much of southeastern Oklahoma. He was the only economic development professional serving in the Oklahoma Legislature, and was consistently rated among the top pro-business lawmakers for his work to strengthen and grow the economy.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Gumm earns honor”
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS — Roger Wicker: Profile in discouragement
- ANITA MODAK-TRURAN — Mississippi’s motion picture renaissance
- Jackson’s Landmark Center slated for mixed-use conversion
- BILL CRAWFORD — More jobs, but fewer with jobs, huh?
- Despite obstacles, craft beer industry growing
- Miss. children's hospital plans $150 million expansion
- Finding your flexible space — Regus banks on high demand for customizable work spaces
- State's ventures into alt-fuel markets net few jobs
- Tommy Robertson indicted on five counts of embezzlement