Gumm earns honor
by MBJ Staff
Published: February 19,2012
Jay Paul Gumm, executive director of the Stone County Economic Development Partnership (EDP), received an award for leadership in economic development at the Mississippi Economic Development Council’s Winter Conference. Gumm, who just completed his first year with the EDP, won the Jimmy and Ray Heidel Leadership Award. Jimmy Heidel, for whom the award is named, presented the award. Heidel spent three decades in economic development, including eight years as executive director of the Mississippi state Department of Economic and Community Development.
Prior to his service in Stone County, Gumm served two terms as a member of the Oklahoma Senate, representing much of southeastern Oklahoma. He was the only economic development professional serving in the Oklahoma Legislature, and was consistently rated among the top pro-business lawmakers for his work to strengthen and grow the economy.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Gumm earns honor”
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- Prescription for success — Transcript Pharmacy continues fast growth
- New law on taxing methods hailed as big win for businesses
- Panther Creek megasite — Putting a value proposition out there
- Panther Creek's location in medical industry zone boosts bio-med prospects
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- Counties ‘hoping to get it right’ as they await Tuscaloosa Marine shale boom
- News The Way You Want It!
- MSU researchers develop timber-management software