Gumm earns honor
by MBJ Staff
Published: February 19,2012
Jay Paul Gumm, executive director of the Stone County Economic Development Partnership (EDP), received an award for leadership in economic development at the Mississippi Economic Development Council’s Winter Conference. Gumm, who just completed his first year with the EDP, won the Jimmy and Ray Heidel Leadership Award. Jimmy Heidel, for whom the award is named, presented the award. Heidel spent three decades in economic development, including eight years as executive director of the Mississippi state Department of Economic and Community Development.
Prior to his service in Stone County, Gumm served two terms as a member of the Oklahoma Senate, representing much of southeastern Oklahoma. He was the only economic development professional serving in the Oklahoma Legislature, and was consistently rated among the top pro-business lawmakers for his work to strengthen and grow the economy.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Gumm earns honor”
Top Posts & Pages
- Barbour to lead Butler Snow economic development firm
- (UPDATE) Prison won’t interrupt ex-prison chief’s retirement cash flow
- Kemper plant employee gag order continued
- JOSH MABUS — Inbound marketing is fueled by wishful thinking
- Ex-prison boss and businessman admit to bribery scheme
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY — Doug Dale’s self-awareness helps lift him to top of his game
- The leadership styles of President Obama
- Delta State conference brings renowned speakers
- (UPDATE) Judge rules on Google request on attorney general inquiry