Gumm earns honor
by MBJ Staff
Published: February 19,2012
Jay Paul Gumm, executive director of the Stone County Economic Development Partnership (EDP), received an award for leadership in economic development at the Mississippi Economic Development Council’s Winter Conference. Gumm, who just completed his first year with the EDP, won the Jimmy and Ray Heidel Leadership Award. Jimmy Heidel, for whom the award is named, presented the award. Heidel spent three decades in economic development, including eight years as executive director of the Mississippi state Department of Economic and Community Development.
Prior to his service in Stone County, Gumm served two terms as a member of the Oklahoma Senate, representing much of southeastern Oklahoma. He was the only economic development professional serving in the Oklahoma Legislature, and was consistently rated among the top pro-business lawmakers for his work to strengthen and grow the economy.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Gumm earns honor”
Top Posts & Pages
- PSC unanimously rejects Entergy-ITC proposed merger
- Company mulling plan to build new pipeline
- Omega Protein shifting vessels to Mississippi
- Conservator: Schools had too many employees
- IKE TROTTER: There are primary changes in Social Security for 2014
- Bankrupt Simply Wheelz chooses prevailing bidder for assets
- Mars Food to celebrate 35 years in Port City
- Study says state sacrificing billions of dollars, 20,000 jobs in refusing Medicaid expansion
- Council wants more info on proposed baseball stadium