Gumm earns honor
by MBJ Staff
Published: February 19,2012
Jay Paul Gumm, executive director of the Stone County Economic Development Partnership (EDP), received an award for leadership in economic development at the Mississippi Economic Development Council’s Winter Conference. Gumm, who just completed his first year with the EDP, won the Jimmy and Ray Heidel Leadership Award. Jimmy Heidel, for whom the award is named, presented the award. Heidel spent three decades in economic development, including eight years as executive director of the Mississippi state Department of Economic and Community Development.
Prior to his service in Stone County, Gumm served two terms as a member of the Oklahoma Senate, representing much of southeastern Oklahoma. He was the only economic development professional serving in the Oklahoma Legislature, and was consistently rated among the top pro-business lawmakers for his work to strengthen and grow the economy.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Gumm earns honor”
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Canadian company purchasing Southern Lumber for nearly $50M
- Winchester lands $50M ammunition contract from Homeland Security
- Lawmakers question education leaders about escalating administrative costs
- Deer processors need to use caution to insure safe, tasty venison
- Peavey Electronics reorganizing under new globalization plan
- Pearl ordering rental properties to retrofit with sprinklers, build storm shelters
- C Spire completes acquisition of MegaGate Broadband
- Columbia Parachute expanding, relocating to BusinessPlex
- Tourism conference being held on Coast; industry to ask state for more money