Tucker, Kamal complete program
by MBJ Staff
Published: February 19,2012
Tags: Andy Tucker, Arif Kamal, John C. Stennis State Executive Development Institute of Government, Mississippi Department of Mental Health, Mississippi State University, South Mississippi State Hospital, University of Southern Mississippi
Two South Mississippi State Hospital staff members recently completed the Mississippi State Personnel Board’s Certified Supervisory Management Program. Andy Tucker, SMSH fiscal services director, and Arif Kamal, SMSH active treatment technician supervisor, both of Hattiesburg, completed the first half of the State Personnel Board’s Certified Public Manager Program. Completion of the first half of the program earns participants a CSM designation. They are now eligible to apply for second level — the CPM Program, from which Tucker says he plans to graduate in June 2012.
Kamal is a native of Bangladesh. He came to the University of Southern Mississippi in the fall of 1997 and received a master of public health degree in the fall of 1999. He has been employed by SMSH since May 2000, prior to the hospital receiving its first patient. Kamal also graduated from the John C. Stennis State Executive Development Institute of Government in May 2008.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Canadian company purchasing Southern Lumber for nearly $50M
- Winchester lands $50M ammunition contract from Homeland Security
- Lawmakers question education leaders about escalating administrative costs
- Deer processors need to use caution to insure safe, tasty venison
- Pearl ordering rental properties to retrofit with sprinklers, build storm shelters
- C Spire completes acquisition of MegaGate Broadband
- Jackson’s Landmark Center slated for mixed-use conversion
- Peavey Electronics reorganizing under new globalization plan
- 50 Leading Business Women in Mississippi (digital magazine)
- Ex-circuit clerk Palmertree gets 10 years for embezzlement