Magazine ranks Ole Miss’ PMBA as one of best in nation
by MBJ Staff
Published: February 20,2012
OXFORD — U.S. News & World Report has named the Professional MBA program at the University of Mississippi as one of the top 14 in the nation.
According to the magazine, a strong online master’s in business degree program performs well across all of its indicator rankings for online education. A program made the Top Online Business Degrees honor roll if it was ranked in the top one-third of three out of the four indicators: admissions selectivity, faculty credentials and training, student engagement and accreditation, and student services and technology.
“This is quite a wonderful accolade for us,” said Ken Cyree, dean of the School of Business Administration and professor of finance. “One thing we’ve tried to do with the online program is to make it as close as possible to our own classes, and this ranking bears out that we’ve been successful.”
The PMBA program is designed with working business professionals in mind, and it typically takes two to four years to earn a degree. It employs alternate methods of delivering course content, including Internet learning systems, telephone conference calls, video conferencing and interactive CD-ROM/DVD technology.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- UMMC reaching out after death of high school football player
- Former Godwin CEO Danny Mitchell dies at 66
- Northrop Grumman lands $354M Air Force contract for Global Hawks
- MDOT: Work on I-269 is on schedule, several phases at halfway point
- More school districts join MAEP lawsuit brought by Musgrove
- Thousands of acres of Delta farmland to go on auction block
- BLAKE WILSON: Danny Mitchell was a remarkable business leader, a better friend
- Court tosses challenge to Miss. Silicon’s clean air permit
- S&P: State in top 10 in U.S. in sales tax dependency