Magazine ranks Ole Miss’ PMBA as one of best in nation
by MBJ Staff
Published: February 20,2012
OXFORD — U.S. News & World Report has named the Professional MBA program at the University of Mississippi as one of the top 14 in the nation.
According to the magazine, a strong online master’s in business degree program performs well across all of its indicator rankings for online education. A program made the Top Online Business Degrees honor roll if it was ranked in the top one-third of three out of the four indicators: admissions selectivity, faculty credentials and training, student engagement and accreditation, and student services and technology.
“This is quite a wonderful accolade for us,” said Ken Cyree, dean of the School of Business Administration and professor of finance. “One thing we’ve tried to do with the online program is to make it as close as possible to our own classes, and this ranking bears out that we’ve been successful.”
The PMBA program is designed with working business professionals in mind, and it typically takes two to four years to earn a degree. It employs alternate methods of delivering course content, including Internet learning systems, telephone conference calls, video conferencing and interactive CD-ROM/DVD technology.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Baseball stadium for Farish Street? It’s possible
- White House hotel making comeback in Biloxi
- Guns OK inside Mississippi polling places, attorney general says
- Deal for Jackson-Orlando flights in works with Allegiant
- State GOP chairman calls on McDaniel to hurry with challenge
- Supreme Court deals blow to McDaniel's election challenge
- McCarthy hired as CFO of Mississippi Development Authority
- 'Get on Up' movie premiers in Madison with Chadwick Boseman and Tate Taylor walking the red carpet
- Explosion at Coast fish plant leaves one dead, three injured
- Former Gov. Musgrove pushing lawsuit to school districts