Magazine ranks Ole Miss’ PMBA as one of best in nation
by MBJ Staff
Published: February 20,2012
OXFORD — U.S. News & World Report has named the Professional MBA program at the University of Mississippi as one of the top 14 in the nation.
According to the magazine, a strong online master’s in business degree program performs well across all of its indicator rankings for online education. A program made the Top Online Business Degrees honor roll if it was ranked in the top one-third of three out of the four indicators: admissions selectivity, faculty credentials and training, student engagement and accreditation, and student services and technology.
“This is quite a wonderful accolade for us,” said Ken Cyree, dean of the School of Business Administration and professor of finance. “One thing we’ve tried to do with the online program is to make it as close as possible to our own classes, and this ranking bears out that we’ve been successful.”
The PMBA program is designed with working business professionals in mind, and it typically takes two to four years to earn a degree. It employs alternate methods of delivering course content, including Internet learning systems, telephone conference calls, video conferencing and interactive CD-ROM/DVD technology.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Ingalls to lease former SRHS clinic in Gautier for employee medical center
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Miss. surgeon sentenced in tax evasion case
- WILLOUGHBY: Mayo Flynt leads AT&T Mississippi by enjoying both work and workers
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Gary Herring building tomorrow by educating today
- Hyatt-Place is Columbus’ newest hotel option
- MBJ exclusive: Jackson’s new airport CEO fulfills desire to taking on the top job
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years