Magazine ranks Ole Miss’ PMBA as one of best in nation
by MBJ Staff
Published: February 20,2012
OXFORD — U.S. News & World Report has named the Professional MBA program at the University of Mississippi as one of the top 14 in the nation.
According to the magazine, a strong online master’s in business degree program performs well across all of its indicator rankings for online education. A program made the Top Online Business Degrees honor roll if it was ranked in the top one-third of three out of the four indicators: admissions selectivity, faculty credentials and training, student engagement and accreditation, and student services and technology.
“This is quite a wonderful accolade for us,” said Ken Cyree, dean of the School of Business Administration and professor of finance. “One thing we’ve tried to do with the online program is to make it as close as possible to our own classes, and this ranking bears out that we’ve been successful.”
The PMBA program is designed with working business professionals in mind, and it typically takes two to four years to earn a degree. It employs alternate methods of delivering course content, including Internet learning systems, telephone conference calls, video conferencing and interactive CD-ROM/DVD technology.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- Prescription for success — Transcript Pharmacy continues fast growth
- New law on taxing methods hailed as big win for businesses
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- Panther Creek megasite — Putting a value proposition out there
- News The Way You Want It!
- MSU researchers develop timber-management software
- Panther Creek's location in medical industry zone boosts bio-med prospects
- BRENT CHRISTENSEN — Entrepreneurs: A vital fuel for Mississippi’s Economy