Newspaper chooses Walker
The Daily Southerner in Tarboro, N.C., has named veteran journalist John H. Walker as its new editor and publisher. Walker is a Mississippi native who served as publisher of The Thomasville Times in North Carolina from 2001-2005. He also has worked at newspapers in Mississippi, Arkansas, Nebraska and Louisiana in addition to owning and operating a communications consulting firm and an online news site.
Walker was editor and publisher of the Daily News of Bogalusa, La., when it was named Newspaper of the Year in 2009 by the Louisiana Press Association and National Newspaper of the year by the American Correctional Association. The Louisiana Press Association also named Walker its Investigative Reporter of the Year in 2008.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Host families prepare for Mississippi Braves’ season
- PHIL HARDWICK: When will Mississippi change its culture?
- Ridgeland property rights tussle is expected to have wide impact
- JOSH MABUS — Mississippi’s Healthcare: Not a quality problem, a marketing problem
- Mississippi takes an incentives licking, keeps on ticking
- Bill would open hospital meetings, expand records access
- (VIDEO) ALAN TURNER: Wilson says he’s ready for elected office
- Choctaws' new hospital nearing completion
- Mississippi furniture makers on rebound with more exports