Newspaper chooses Walker
The Daily Southerner in Tarboro, N.C., has named veteran journalist John H. Walker as its new editor and publisher. Walker is a Mississippi native who served as publisher of The Thomasville Times in North Carolina from 2001-2005. He also has worked at newspapers in Mississippi, Arkansas, Nebraska and Louisiana in addition to owning and operating a communications consulting firm and an online news site.
Walker was editor and publisher of the Daily News of Bogalusa, La., when it was named Newspaper of the Year in 2009 by the Louisiana Press Association and National Newspaper of the year by the American Correctional Association. The Louisiana Press Association also named Walker its Investigative Reporter of the Year in 2008.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Prescription for success — Transcript Pharmacy continues fast growth
- Panther Creek megasite — Putting a value proposition out there
- BBB issues warning involving asphalt paving scam
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- Mississippi State makes NSF ranking of research universities
- Panther Creek's location in medical industry zone boosts bio-med prospects
- Chris McDaniel responds to radio show audio clip
- Sawtimber, pulpwood markets improving, but challenges remain
- TVA president/CEO Johnson tours Techumseh, Yokohama plants
- News The Way You Want It!