Newspaper chooses Walker
The Daily Southerner in Tarboro, N.C., has named veteran journalist John H. Walker as its new editor and publisher. Walker is a Mississippi native who served as publisher of The Thomasville Times in North Carolina from 2001-2005. He also has worked at newspapers in Mississippi, Arkansas, Nebraska and Louisiana in addition to owning and operating a communications consulting firm and an online news site.
Walker was editor and publisher of the Daily News of Bogalusa, La., when it was named Newspaper of the Year in 2009 by the Louisiana Press Association and National Newspaper of the year by the American Correctional Association. The Louisiana Press Association also named Walker its Investigative Reporter of the Year in 2008.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Winchester lands $50M ammunition contract from Homeland Security
- Canadian company purchasing Southern Lumber for nearly $50M
- Deer processors need to use caution to insure safe, tasty venison
- Pearl ordering rental properties to retrofit with sprinklers, build storm shelters
- Lawmakers question education leaders about escalating administrative costs
- Peavey Electronics reorganizing under new globalization plan
- Travis retiring as head of Mississippi World Trade Center
- Drew Brees settles lawsuit alleging investment fraud
- Court rules board can discipline West Virginia radiologist