MEDC honors communities for economic, community development
by MBJ Staff
Published: February 21,2012
Tags: Associations, automakers, autombile, automotive industry, awards, cities, colleges universities, communities, community development, economic development, education, higher education, manufacturers, manufacturing, schools, towns, trade associations
AROUND MISSISSIPPI — Five Mississippi communities were honored at the Mississippi Economic Development Council (MEDC) Winter Conference for their efforts to advance their economic viability through economic and community development programs during the past year. They competed with others in their population categories.
The winners are:
• Category I – population less than 5,000: City of Ellisville for The Landing of GE Aviation
• Category II – population of 5,001-15,000: City of Natchez for the Natchez Trails Project
• Category III – population of 15,001-40,000: City of Pascagoula for Arbor Square
• Category IV – population of 40,001-100,000: Hancock County Community Development Foundation for the Hancock County Job Generation Fund
• Category V – population over 100,000: Mississippi State University Center for Advanced Vehicular Studies Extension for the “Enhancing On-the-Job Problem Solving” Training Program
The winners will go on to compete with entries from 16 Southern states for the Southern Economic Development Council’s regional awards.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- Brandon man hauls in record 756-pound alligator
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- Is cotton looking too good? Farmers facing weaker prices
- Woman found guilty of murder in buttocks injection case
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- MBJ Special report: MDA numbers help with cities’ retail pitches
- Mississippi judge dismisses lawsuit seeking to overturn Sen. Cochran's GOP primary win