County adopts another, more expensive road plan
Published: February 23,2012
CANTON — Madison County has a new road plan for the second time in two weeks.
The Clarion-Ledger reports the new plan not only costs $1,170 more than the last one, but also drops one road, adds four others and puts in place a new policy that requires cities to pay half the cost of work on roads in the plan that lie within their subdivisions.
The new plan calls for $700,830 in county funds and $6.5 million coming in state aid funds allocated to cover the four years of the supervisors’ term.
Also, added to the amended list were about 50 other roads needing work, but the $24 million needed for those projects was not funded.
Officials say the county has the necessary money to pay for the funded projects.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Baseball stadium for Farish Street? It’s possible
- White House hotel making comeback in Biloxi
- Guns OK inside Mississippi polling places, attorney general says
- Supreme Court deals blow to McDaniel's election challenge
- State GOP chairman calls on McDaniel to hurry with challenge
- McCarthy hired as CFO of Mississippi Development Authority
- 'Get on Up' movie premiers in Madison with Chadwick Boseman and Tate Taylor walking the red carpet
- Deal for daily Jackson-Orlando flight in works with Allegiant
- Explosion at Coast fish plant leaves one dead, three injured
- Former Gov. Musgrove pushing lawsuit to school districts