County adopts another, more expensive road plan
Published: February 23,2012
CANTON — Madison County has a new road plan for the second time in two weeks.
The Clarion-Ledger reports the new plan not only costs $1,170 more than the last one, but also drops one road, adds four others and puts in place a new policy that requires cities to pay half the cost of work on roads in the plan that lie within their subdivisions.
The new plan calls for $700,830 in county funds and $6.5 million coming in state aid funds allocated to cover the four years of the supervisors’ term.
Also, added to the amended list were about 50 other roads needing work, but the $24 million needed for those projects was not funded.
Officials say the county has the necessary money to pay for the funded projects.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS: Who in the Hell are We?
- New Mississippi state highway map is available for the public
- Tanger Outlets involved in Southaven project
- Ikea confirms plan for Memphis store
- McCrory joins Epps in asking for trial delay
- Ingalls to lease former SRHS clinic in Gautier for employee medical center
- Former Lane Furniture plant sold for $1.45 million
- OUR VIEW: JRA evolving toward transparency? Maybe, maybe not
- Jon-Paul Croom made CEO