County adopts another, more expensive road plan
Published: February 23,2012
CANTON — Madison County has a new road plan for the second time in two weeks.
The Clarion-Ledger reports the new plan not only costs $1,170 more than the last one, but also drops one road, adds four others and puts in place a new policy that requires cities to pay half the cost of work on roads in the plan that lie within their subdivisions.
The new plan calls for $700,830 in county funds and $6.5 million coming in state aid funds allocated to cover the four years of the supervisors’ term.
Also, added to the amended list were about 50 other roads needing work, but the $24 million needed for those projects was not funded.
Officials say the county has the necessary money to pay for the funded projects.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- (UPDATE) Prison won’t interrupt ex-prison chief’s retirement cash flow
- 2014 a good year for filmmaking in Mississippi
- JOSH MABUS — Inbound marketing is fueled by wishful thinking
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY — Doug Dale’s self-awareness helps lift him to top of his game
- PHIL HARDWICK: When Bill Cooley talks, people listen
- Ex-prison boss and businessman admit to bribery scheme
- MBJ Business Woman of the Year Top 10
- ASA postmortem: industrial recruiting is a constant cycle of death and life
- Meet the MBJ's Businesswoman of the Year — Rosemary Smith, a business hotshot