County adopts another, more expensive road plan
by Associated Press
Published: February 23,2012
CANTON — Madison County has a new road plan for the second time in two weeks.
The Clarion-Ledger reports the new plan not only costs $1,170 more than the last one, but also drops one road, adds four others and puts in place a new policy that requires cities to pay half the cost of work on roads in the plan that lie within their subdivisions.
The new plan calls for $700,830 in county funds and $6.5 million coming in state aid funds allocated to cover the four years of the supervisors’ term.
Also, added to the amended list were about 50 other roads needing work, but the $24 million needed for those projects was not funded.
Officials say the county has the necessary money to pay for the funded projects.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Fervor grows for Tuscaloosa Marine Shale
- Click Boutique revives Hattiesburg downtown retail district
- KEEPING OUR EYE ON: Elizabeth Harris
- TROTTER: Social security claiming strategies
- Small business owners take picture perfect advantages with Instagram
- District at Eastover construction to start later this year
- Nullification and interposition
- Froyo y’all: Couple brings 'delicious' dessert to Delta
- Brown would make history if confirmed as judge