Department of Revenue of behind on state tax refunds
by Associated Press
Published: February 24,2012
ACROSS MISSISSIPPI — Some Mississippi taxpayers will have to wait longer for their state tax refund.
Kathy Waterbury with the Mississippi Department of Revenue tells WTVA-TV the agency is 150,000 refunds behind where it was this time last year.
Waterbury says the department’s computer hardware is simply slow.
She says it shouldn’t be much longer before the state catches up and checks are mailed or deposited.
Tax preparers suggest double checking information when filing taxes because there are several red flags that could pop up when going through fraud detection.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- MDA introduces new 'Mississippi Homecoming' tourism ad campaign
- Crowded field lines up for Jackson mayoral election
- Cochran questions nominee concerning Stanford ponzi scheme
- Another fiberhood qualifies for C Spire 1-gigabit Internet service
- MSU Foundation names five new members
- George’s Girls put shopping skills to work
- DMR pays accounting firm more than double contract's worth
- Reactive Surfaces files lawsuit against Toyota in patent dispute
- Following ruling, Entergy to hand over records to county