Department of Revenue of behind on state tax refunds
by Associated Press
Published: February 24,2012
ACROSS MISSISSIPPI — Some Mississippi taxpayers will have to wait longer for their state tax refund.
Kathy Waterbury with the Mississippi Department of Revenue tells WTVA-TV the agency is 150,000 refunds behind where it was this time last year.
Waterbury says the department’s computer hardware is simply slow.
She says it shouldn’t be much longer before the state catches up and checks are mailed or deposited.
Tax preparers suggest double checking information when filing taxes because there are several red flags that could pop up when going through fraud detection.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Fervor grows for Tuscaloosa Marine Shale
- Mississippi Power CEO's departure due to withholding Kemper information from regulators
- Study says Nissan subsidies total $1.33B; MDA says overestimated
- Tenn. company makes unspecified offer to lease hospital
- Renee Flynt made Craftsmen's Guild president
- Small business owners take picture perfect advantages with Instagram
- Defunct casino to be moved; cost could rise depending on 'crud'
- Nullification and interposition
- Undersecretary: 'I understand the frustration' over catfish inspections