Department of Revenue of behind on state tax refunds
Published: February 24,2012
ACROSS MISSISSIPPI — Some Mississippi taxpayers will have to wait longer for their state tax refund.
Kathy Waterbury with the Mississippi Department of Revenue tells WTVA-TV the agency is 150,000 refunds behind where it was this time last year.
Waterbury says the department’s computer hardware is simply slow.
She says it shouldn’t be much longer before the state catches up and checks are mailed or deposited.
Tax preparers suggest double checking information when filing taxes because there are several red flags that could pop up when going through fraud detection.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- DeSoto County Supervisor Lee dies in ATV accident on his birthday
- Molpus closes Fund after more than $662M in commitments
- Kemper County plant will cost at least another $496M to complete
- Cochran calls on EPA for review of Yazoo Backwater Project
- State Sen. Gandy hospitalized in South America
- Camgian launches Internet of Things product called Egburt
- Former Mississippi First Lady Carroll Waller dies at 87
- After string of losses, O'Hara sees himself as Senate 'protest vote'
- Number of requests for general election absentee ballots roughly same as primary