Department of Revenue of behind on state tax refunds
by Associated Press
Published: February 24,2012
ACROSS MISSISSIPPI — Some Mississippi taxpayers will have to wait longer for their state tax refund.
Kathy Waterbury with the Mississippi Department of Revenue tells WTVA-TV the agency is 150,000 refunds behind where it was this time last year.
Waterbury says the department’s computer hardware is simply slow.
She says it shouldn’t be much longer before the state catches up and checks are mailed or deposited.
Tax preparers suggest double checking information when filing taxes because there are several red flags that could pop up when going through fraud detection.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Hood clarifies opinion on open-carry gun law
- IKE TROTTER: There are primary changes in Social Security for 2014
- Expert on airlines predicts Jackson-Evers will keep remaining carriers
- C Spire launches next phase of 1-gig service rollout
- Town given Obamacare insurance break, but faces additional costs in 2015
- MAN OF STEEL: Madhu Ranade leading Severstal Columbus
- Officials hand mayor projects list totaling $57.7M
- Court to hear case involving alligators and ExxonMobil
- Public meeting called to mull future of convention center
- Alumni-couple donate $12.3M to Mississippi State