Department of Revenue of behind on state tax refunds
Published: February 24,2012
ACROSS MISSISSIPPI — Some Mississippi taxpayers will have to wait longer for their state tax refund.
Kathy Waterbury with the Mississippi Department of Revenue tells WTVA-TV the agency is 150,000 refunds behind where it was this time last year.
Waterbury says the department’s computer hardware is simply slow.
She says it shouldn’t be much longer before the state catches up and checks are mailed or deposited.
Tax preparers suggest double checking information when filing taxes because there are several red flags that could pop up when going through fraud detection.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Source: Bryant has offered Glenn McCullough MDA job
- College Board names Glenn Boyce as higher education chief
- TRANSITION AT THE MDA — Is Mississippi better off than it was 3 years ago?
- (WITH VIDEO) Funding secured for Capitol Art Lofts in downtown Jackson
- PHIL HARDWICK: The third grade reading gate, book buddies and school principals
- Deepwater Horizon Five Years Later — Restoring the Mississippi coast starts with a strong foundation
- COMMERCIAL FINANCE 701: Loans disguised as government bonds (BOANs)
- Chancery Court’s interpretation of ‘public use’ will guide ruling on Westin money
- THE SPIN CYCLE — Key results from Pew’s social media survey