Sports complex nearing completion; advertising for proposals
Published: February 24,2012
OCEAN SPRINGS — Ocean Springs officials have authorized the Parks and Leisure Services Department to begin advertising for proposals for the installation of scoreboards and the sale of concessions and beverages at the city’s new sports complex on Mississippi 57.
Yesterday, the Board of Aldermen also granted the department authorization to advertise for bid specifications for the marquee sign at the sports complex.
Geri Straight, director of parks and leisure services, tells The Sun Herald the work at the complex has been progressing smoothly with the opening slated for mid-May.
Straight says construction has yet to be completed on the concession stand areas.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- GreenTech holds grand opening of neighborhood electric vehicle plant
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- Turner Grain’s transition will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- Alcorn president launches new customer service task force
- Mississippi Film Studios signs contract with New Orleans company
- David Duval, former British Open winner, joins Sanderson Farms field
- MDOT cutting more than 40 jobs in Right-of-Way Division
- Mars Food expanding Delta plant; investing $31M and adding jobs
- Granddaughter of Barq's Root Beer founder dies at 90
- Board authorizes sale of company that owns Silver Slipper Casino