Sports complex nearing completion; advertising for proposals
by Associated Press
Published: February 24,2012
OCEAN SPRINGS — Ocean Springs officials have authorized the Parks and Leisure Services Department to begin advertising for proposals for the installation of scoreboards and the sale of concessions and beverages at the city’s new sports complex on Mississippi 57.
Yesterday, the Board of Aldermen also granted the department authorization to advertise for bid specifications for the marquee sign at the sports complex.
Geri Straight, director of parks and leisure services, tells The Sun Herald the work at the complex has been progressing smoothly with the opening slated for mid-May.
Straight says construction has yet to be completed on the concession stand areas.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- MDA introduces new 'Mississippi Homecoming' tourism ad campaign
- Crowded field lines up for Jackson mayoral election
- Cochran questions nominee concerning Stanford ponzi scheme
- MSU Foundation names five new members
- Another fiberhood qualifies for C Spire 1-gigabit Internet service
- George’s Girls put shopping skills to work
- DMR pays accounting firm more than double contract's worth
- Reactive Surfaces files lawsuit against Toyota in patent dispute
- Following ruling, Entergy to hand over records to county