Sports complex nearing completion; advertising for proposals
Published: February 24,2012
OCEAN SPRINGS — Ocean Springs officials have authorized the Parks and Leisure Services Department to begin advertising for proposals for the installation of scoreboards and the sale of concessions and beverages at the city’s new sports complex on Mississippi 57.
Yesterday, the Board of Aldermen also granted the department authorization to advertise for bid specifications for the marquee sign at the sports complex.
Geri Straight, director of parks and leisure services, tells The Sun Herald the work at the complex has been progressing smoothly with the opening slated for mid-May.
Straight says construction has yet to be completed on the concession stand areas.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Travis retiring as head of Mississippi World Trade Center
- Drew Brees settles lawsuit alleging investment fraud
- Pearl ordering rental properties to retrofit with sprinklers, build storm shelters
- Court rules board can discipline West Virginia radiologist
- Deer processors need to use caution to insure safe, tasty venison
- Winchester lands $50M ammunition contract from Homeland Security
- Legislators begin work on FY2016 state budget
- Biloxi baseball project still alive but may be held for 2015
- Doctor convicted of using phony church for tax shelter