Sports complex nearing completion; advertising for proposals
by Associated Press
Published: February 24,2012
OCEAN SPRINGS — Ocean Springs officials have authorized the Parks and Leisure Services Department to begin advertising for proposals for the installation of scoreboards and the sale of concessions and beverages at the city’s new sports complex on Mississippi 57.
Yesterday, the Board of Aldermen also granted the department authorization to advertise for bid specifications for the marquee sign at the sports complex.
Geri Straight, director of parks and leisure services, tells The Sun Herald the work at the complex has been progressing smoothly with the opening slated for mid-May.
Straight says construction has yet to be completed on the concession stand areas.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- School superintendent terminated after party funds, travel questions
- Telepak strikes another branding deal with C Spire
- Airline announces new service at Oxford
- C Spire launches new WiFi On app for Android-powered phones
- South's oldest casino to reopen as Golden Nugget
- At age 17, ‘the flagpole kid’ is already a business success story
- Doctor appeals Medicaid, Medicare fraud conviction
- Accounting firm finds problems at troubled MDMR
- Hosemann recruiting Realtors to market tax-forfeited property