BancorpSouth Insurance hires Batie
by MBJ Staff
Published: February 26,2012
BancorpSouth Insurance Services Inc. has hired Larry D. Batie II as marketing manager for the Texas region. He previously served as account executive and assistant vice president at Marsh & McLennan Companies.
Based in Houston, Batie will have an active role in marketing new and renewal property and casualty business, assisting in new business development, developing and maintaining relationships with carriers and brokers, assisting with the development of carrier and broker utilization strategies, developing insurance proposals, and providing training to producers throughout the Texas region.
Batie has extensive experience in the industry, having held underwriting and marketing positions with The Hartford and Marsh & McLennan Companies.
Batie holds a bachelor’s of business administration degree in marketing from Prairie View A & M University and is a Certified Insurance Counselor. He is a member of the National Society of Certified Insurance Counselors and a volunteer and mentor for Big Brothers Big Sisters of South Texas.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Deal for Jackson-Orlando flights in works with Allegiant
- Baseball stadium for Farish Street? It’s possible
- Explosion at Coast fish plant leaves one dead, three injured
- State GOP chairman calls on McDaniel to hurry with challenge
- McCarthy hired as CFO of Mississippi Development Authority
- Former Gov. Musgrove pushing lawsuit to school districts
- Guns OK inside Mississippi polling places, attorney general says
- Former state lawmaker Green dies at home at age 62
- 'Get on Up' movie premiers in Madison with Chadwick Boseman and Tate Taylor walking the red carpet
- White House hotel making comeback in Biloxi