BancorpSouth Insurance hires Batie
by MBJ Staff
Published: February 26,2012
BancorpSouth Insurance Services Inc. has hired Larry D. Batie II as marketing manager for the Texas region. He previously served as account executive and assistant vice president at Marsh & McLennan Companies.
Based in Houston, Batie will have an active role in marketing new and renewal property and casualty business, assisting in new business development, developing and maintaining relationships with carriers and brokers, assisting with the development of carrier and broker utilization strategies, developing insurance proposals, and providing training to producers throughout the Texas region.
Batie has extensive experience in the industry, having held underwriting and marketing positions with The Hartford and Marsh & McLennan Companies.
Batie holds a bachelor’s of business administration degree in marketing from Prairie View A & M University and is a Certified Insurance Counselor. He is a member of the National Society of Certified Insurance Counselors and a volunteer and mentor for Big Brothers Big Sisters of South Texas.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- HUNTER ARNOLD: Mississippi, Gulf Coast states focus on global business markets
- Host families prepare for Mississippi Braves’ season
- JOSH MABUS — Mississippi’s Healthcare: Not a quality problem, a marketing problem
- Ridgeland property rights tussle is expected to have wide impact
- Starkville's Cotton Mill Marketplace hotel breaks ground Wednesday
- Two new casinos like the odds on Mississippi Gulf Coast
- PHIL HARDWICK: When will Mississippi change its culture?
- AWAITING ITS FATE: Gables complex may have to shrink to meet law
- BILL CRAWFORD: Keep schools free from preventable diseases