BancorpSouth Insurance hires Batie
by MBJ Staff
Published: February 26,2012
BancorpSouth Insurance Services Inc. has hired Larry D. Batie II as marketing manager for the Texas region. He previously served as account executive and assistant vice president at Marsh & McLennan Companies.
Based in Houston, Batie will have an active role in marketing new and renewal property and casualty business, assisting in new business development, developing and maintaining relationships with carriers and brokers, assisting with the development of carrier and broker utilization strategies, developing insurance proposals, and providing training to producers throughout the Texas region.
Batie has extensive experience in the industry, having held underwriting and marketing positions with The Hartford and Marsh & McLennan Companies.
Batie holds a bachelor’s of business administration degree in marketing from Prairie View A & M University and is a Certified Insurance Counselor. He is a member of the National Society of Certified Insurance Counselors and a volunteer and mentor for Big Brothers Big Sisters of South Texas.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- DMR pays accounting firm more than double contract's worth
- Chris McDaniel gets a thank you note from Travis Childers
- Following ruling, Entergy to hand over records to county
- UPDATED: House subcommittee tosses discrimination elements from religious freedom bill
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- States settle with manufacturers in DRAM price-fixing case
- Gulf Coast's design studio teaches lessons on sustainability
- Mississippi ag aviation plays a critical role in production and profitability
- Senate passes teacher pay raise legislation