BancorpSouth Insurance hires Batie
by MBJ Staff
Published: February 26,2012
BancorpSouth Insurance Services Inc. has hired Larry D. Batie II as marketing manager for the Texas region. He previously served as account executive and assistant vice president at Marsh & McLennan Companies.
Based in Houston, Batie will have an active role in marketing new and renewal property and casualty business, assisting in new business development, developing and maintaining relationships with carriers and brokers, assisting with the development of carrier and broker utilization strategies, developing insurance proposals, and providing training to producers throughout the Texas region.
Batie has extensive experience in the industry, having held underwriting and marketing positions with The Hartford and Marsh & McLennan Companies.
Batie holds a bachelor’s of business administration degree in marketing from Prairie View A & M University and is a Certified Insurance Counselor. He is a member of the National Society of Certified Insurance Counselors and a volunteer and mentor for Big Brothers Big Sisters of South Texas.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Spivey named Under 40 Business Person of the Year by the Mississippi Business Journal
- Bids on reworking Interstate 55 stretch are rejected
- JACK WEATHERLY: Economic development in these parts is a ‘family’ business
- Two new casinos like the odds on Mississippi Gulf Coast
- WRESTLING SUCCESS — Ted DiBiase Jr. leaves ring to become entrepreneur
- The leadership styles of President Obama
- JACK WEATHERLY: Finding a house, defending a neighborhood, finding a voice
- Report ranks state schools' performance 51st in the nation
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years