Cabana steps down
by MBJ Staff
Published: February 26,2012
Don Cabana, warden of the Harrison County jail, has left his position. Cabana, who has more than 40 years of corrections experience, accepted the job in August 2006 to clean up the jail’s tainted image and make improvements to get the jail out of oversight by the U.S. Justice Department.
Sheriff Melvin Brisolara said Cabana was instrumental in correcting most of the problems.
The 66-year-old Cabana is a former state prison commissioner and former warden of Mississippi State Penitentiary at Parchman.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Ex-prison boss and businessman admit to bribery scheme
- DAVID DALLAS — Delbert Hosemann: An unsung hero chooses to remain so
- ASA postmortem: industrial recruiting is a constant cycle of death and life
- New Orleans congestion keeps Chiquita Gulfport port
- (UPDATED — BREAKING NEWS) American Specialty Alloys won’t locate $1.2B mill in Mississippi
- More money needed to get Biloxi baseball stadium open on time
- Cox won't seek a second term as Greenville mayor
- Mississippi auto parts workers in union drive plan protest
- Gunn to seek phaseout of personal income tax