Cabana steps down
by MBJ Staff
Published: February 26,2012
Don Cabana, warden of the Harrison County jail, has left his position. Cabana, who has more than 40 years of corrections experience, accepted the job in August 2006 to clean up the jail’s tainted image and make improvements to get the jail out of oversight by the U.S. Justice Department.
Sheriff Melvin Brisolara said Cabana was instrumental in correcting most of the problems.
The 66-year-old Cabana is a former state prison commissioner and former warden of Mississippi State Penitentiary at Parchman.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Expert on airlines predicts Jackson-Evers will keep remaining carriers
- Keeping our eye on... Liz Lancaster
- GOP Sen. Thad Cochran to run for seventh term
- IKE TROTTER: There are primary changes in Social Security for 2014
- MAN OF STEEL: Madhu Ranade leading Severstal Columbus
- C Spire launches next phase of 1-gig service rollout
- Alcorn's finances being investigated; CFO resigns
- Hood issues opinion on open-carry gun law
- NEW ORLEANS SAINTS MOVING — Mississippi company has the task of moving the football team
- Court to hear case involving alligators and ExxonMobil