Cabana steps down
by MBJ Staff
Published: February 26,2012
Don Cabana, warden of the Harrison County jail, has left his position. Cabana, who has more than 40 years of corrections experience, accepted the job in August 2006 to clean up the jail’s tainted image and make improvements to get the jail out of oversight by the U.S. Justice Department.
Sheriff Melvin Brisolara said Cabana was instrumental in correcting most of the problems.
The 66-year-old Cabana is a former state prison commissioner and former warden of Mississippi State Penitentiary at Parchman.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- DMR pays accounting firm more than double contract's worth
- Following ruling, Entergy to hand over records to county
- Chris McDaniel gets a thank you note from Travis Childers
- Justice Department files complaint against tax preparer
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- Mississippi ag aviation plays a critical role in production and profitability
- Report: State's emergency care ranks highest in Southeast
- Union-restricting legislation moves forward
- UPDATED: House subcommittee tosses discrimination elements from religious freedom bill