Cabana steps down
by MBJ Staff
Published: February 26,2012
Don Cabana, warden of the Harrison County jail, has left his position. Cabana, who has more than 40 years of corrections experience, accepted the job in August 2006 to clean up the jail’s tainted image and make improvements to get the jail out of oversight by the U.S. Justice Department.
Sheriff Melvin Brisolara said Cabana was instrumental in correcting most of the problems.
The 66-year-old Cabana is a former state prison commissioner and former warden of Mississippi State Penitentiary at Parchman.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Two BancorpSouth mergers delayed by federal inquiries
- DAVID DALLAS: Mr. McDaniel goes to Washington
- Moon River Foods creating 100 jobs in Mississippi Delta
- Wasted away — Margaritaville in Biloxi to close by Sept. 19
- Severstal selling plants, including Severstal Columbus
- Judge to hear from True the Vote as McDaniel attempts to overturn loss to Cochran
- Google chooses Mad Genius as example of Internet use
- Weyerhaeuser investing $57M to modernize lumber mill
- WILLOUGHBY: Broadband Voice founder Gary Watts isn’t afraid to take chances
- Health officials identify another case of chikungunya virus