Cabana steps down
by MBJ Staff
Published: February 26,2012
Don Cabana, warden of the Harrison County jail, has left his position. Cabana, who has more than 40 years of corrections experience, accepted the job in August 2006 to clean up the jail’s tainted image and make improvements to get the jail out of oversight by the U.S. Justice Department.
Sheriff Melvin Brisolara said Cabana was instrumental in correcting most of the problems.
The 66-year-old Cabana is a former state prison commissioner and former warden of Mississippi State Penitentiary at Parchman.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS: Who in the Hell are We?
- New Mississippi state highway map is available for the public
- Tanger Outlets involved in Southaven project
- Ikea confirms plan for Memphis store
- McCrory joins Epps in asking for trial delay
- Ingalls to lease former SRHS clinic in Gautier for employee medical center
- Former Lane Furniture plant sold for $1.45 million
- OUR VIEW: JRA evolving toward transparency? Maybe, maybe not
- Jon-Paul Croom made CEO