Clay leading division
by MBJ Staff
Published: February 26,2012
Dr. Ricky P. Clay, former major in the U.S. Army Reserve Medical Corps, has joined University of Mississippi Health Care as chief of the Division of Plastic Surgery. Prior to joining the medical center, Clay was an assistant clinical professor of medicine and associate director of the Maxillofacial, Cleft Lip and Palate Evaluation Team at Pitt County Memorial Hospital.
In 1980, Clay received his medical degree from the University of Alabama. He completed a residency in general surgery in 1985, followed by a residency in plastic and reconstructive surgery from 1985-87 at the Mayo Graduate School of Medicine.
He served as assistant professor of plastic surgery at the Mayo Clinic College of Medicine for 16 years before becoming associate professor in 2007. He was also co-director of the Mayo Cleft Lip, Palate and Craniofacial Clinic and of the Mayo Cutaneous Laser Center in Rochester, Minn.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Prison-contract task force working in wake of Epps' indictment
- Bryant wants free tuition for students with technical diploma
- Investigators find massive Ag Museum fire was an accident
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- Former MDEQ Executive Director Trudy Fisher joins Butler Snow
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- WILLOUGHBY: Bernie Reed cites hard work as key to success of Reed’s Metals
- DAVID DALLAS: Savor this Thanksgiving and be grateful
- BankPlus recognized for alternative program to payday lending