Clay leading division
by MBJ Staff
Published: February 26,2012
Dr. Ricky P. Clay, former major in the U.S. Army Reserve Medical Corps, has joined University of Mississippi Health Care as chief of the Division of Plastic Surgery. Prior to joining the medical center, Clay was an assistant clinical professor of medicine and associate director of the Maxillofacial, Cleft Lip and Palate Evaluation Team at Pitt County Memorial Hospital.
In 1980, Clay received his medical degree from the University of Alabama. He completed a residency in general surgery in 1985, followed by a residency in plastic and reconstructive surgery from 1985-87 at the Mayo Graduate School of Medicine.
He served as assistant professor of plastic surgery at the Mayo Clinic College of Medicine for 16 years before becoming associate professor in 2007. He was also co-director of the Mayo Cleft Lip, Palate and Craniofacial Clinic and of the Mayo Cutaneous Laser Center in Rochester, Minn.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- District at Eastover construction to start later this year
- Fervor grows for Tuscaloosa Marine Shale
- With no interim, board begins hunt for MVSU president
- LNG facility hoping to begin exporting natural gas
- Ex-Northwest Rankin coach David Coates dies before drug trial
- Supervisors to talk with trustees about selling hospital
- WOODS: Time to put gloves on for handgrabbing
- The link between education and economic development