Clay leading division
by MBJ Staff
Published: February 26,2012
Dr. Ricky P. Clay, former major in the U.S. Army Reserve Medical Corps, has joined University of Mississippi Health Care as chief of the Division of Plastic Surgery. Prior to joining the medical center, Clay was an assistant clinical professor of medicine and associate director of the Maxillofacial, Cleft Lip and Palate Evaluation Team at Pitt County Memorial Hospital.
In 1980, Clay received his medical degree from the University of Alabama. He completed a residency in general surgery in 1985, followed by a residency in plastic and reconstructive surgery from 1985-87 at the Mayo Graduate School of Medicine.
He served as assistant professor of plastic surgery at the Mayo Clinic College of Medicine for 16 years before becoming associate professor in 2007. He was also co-director of the Mayo Cleft Lip, Palate and Craniofacial Clinic and of the Mayo Cutaneous Laser Center in Rochester, Minn.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- DMR pays accounting firm more than double contract's worth
- Following ruling, Entergy to hand over records to county
- Chris McDaniel gets a thank you note from Travis Childers
- UPDATED: House subcommittee tosses discrimination elements from religious freedom bill
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- Gulf Coast's design studio teaches lessons on sustainability
- Mississippi ag aviation plays a critical role in production and profitability
- Senate passes teacher pay raise legislation
- Quapaw Canoe Company gains legislative support in battle with tax department