MASBO recognizes Halliwell
by MBJ Staff
Published: February 26,2012
Tags: Association of School Business Officials, Mississippi Association of School Business Officials, Mississippi Forestry Commission, Mississippi School Boards Association, Mississippi Secretary of State, Sandy Halliwell, Southeastern Association of School Business Officials
Sandy Halliwell, the Clinton Public School District’s finance director, is the Mississippi Association of School Business Officials – 2012 Outstanding Business Officer. She was notified of the award in a surprise presentation at the MASBO conference in Jackson.
The district has gotten a clean audit report every year since Halliwell began serving as finance director in 2001. She has also overseen the refinancing of long-term debt and retired bonds early to put the district in better financial standing.
Halliwell worked with the Mississippi Secretary of State’s office and the Mississippi Forestry Commission to maximize 16th section land revenue, made sure that stimulus money received by the district was properly used and accounted for and consolidated equipment purchases within the district to save tens of thousands of dollars annually.
Halliwell is a member and past-president of the MASBO, and represents MASBO on the board of directors of the Mississippi School Boards Association. She serves on the board of the Southeastern Association of School Business Officials representing the state of Mississippi, and is currently SASBO’s president-elect.
In 2011, Halliwell was one of only four school finance officers in the nation to receive a Distinguished Professional Eagle Award from the Association of School Business Officials.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Fervor grows for Tuscaloosa Marine Shale
- Click Boutique revives Hattiesburg downtown retail district
- KEEPING OUR EYE ON: Elizabeth Harris
- Small business owners take picture perfect advantages with Instagram
- TROTTER: Social security claiming strategies
- District at Eastover construction to start later this year
- Nullification and interposition
- Froyo y’all: Couple brings 'delicious' dessert to Delta
- Brown would make history if confirmed as judge