Luvata expanding production at Grenada plant; creating 20 new jobs
by MBJ Staff
Published: February 27,2012
GRENADA — Luvata is expanding production capabilities at its Grenada facility in order to pursue new market opportunities. The Mississippi Development Authority (MDA) reports the expansion represents a company investment of $1 million and will create 20 new jobs.
This latest expansion marks the company’s second in Grenada in under a year. In August 2011, Luvata expanded operations at its aluminum production plant, also with the goal of capturing new opportunities in the marketplace. That project was a $1 million company investment, as well.
MDA worked closely with company and local officials to support the project, providing funding for improvements to the publicly-owned facility in which Luvata is located. Grenada County also provided assistance for improvements to the facility.
Luvata is an international metals supplier of solutions, services, components and materials for manufacturing and construction. Luvata’s solutions are used in industries such as renewable energy, power generation, architecture, automotive transport, medicine, air conditioning, industrial refrigeration, consumer products and construction. The company employs over 7,000 staff members in 18 countries and works with consumers such as Siemens, Toyota, CERN, Shaaz and DWD International.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- UMMC reaching out after death of high school football player
- MDOT: Work on I-269 is on schedule, several phases at halfway point
- Margaritaville owner files for bankruptcy before landlord hearing
- Delta Council says condition of Highway 6 'of crisis dimensions'
- Severstal completes the sale of Columbus plant to Steel Dynamics
- Another marker going up on Mississippi Country Music Trail
- Researchers fly drone into hurricane for the first time
- House votes for transfer of Yellow Creek Port land to state
- City leaders vote against offering insurance to one adult, possibly same-sex partner