Milwaukee Electric Tool building new distribution facility
by MBJ Staff
Published: March 1,2012
OLIVE BRANCH — Milwaukee Electric Tool, manufacturer of portable electric power tools and accessories, is expanding its presence in north Mississippi by constructing a new, larger distribution center in Olive Branch. The project represents a company investment of $8 million and will create 25 new jobs, according to the Mississippi Development Authority (MDA).
“The new 600,000-square-foot distribution facility gives us the capability to accommodate the fast growing demand for Milwaukee products throughout North American markets and abroad,” says Ty Staviski, CFO of Milwaukee Electric Tool. “With a commitment to serve our customers faster and more efficiently, we will continue to invest in and expand our facilities when necessary to deliver industry leading customer service.”
The Mississippi Development Authority (MDA) worked with company and local officials to help facilitate the project by providing assistance for workforce training and infrastructure needs. Additionally, DeSoto County and the City of Olive Branch provided assistance for the project.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Two BancorpSouth mergers delayed by federal inquiries
- Moon River Foods creating 100 jobs in Mississippi Delta
- DAVID DALLAS: Mr. McDaniel goes to Washington
- Wasted away — Margaritaville in Biloxi to close by Sept. 19
- Severstal selling plants, including Severstal Columbus
- Judge to hear from True the Vote as McDaniel attempts to overturn loss to Cochran
- Google chooses Mad Genius as example of Internet use
- Weyerhaeuser investing $57M to modernize lumber mill
- WILLOUGHBY: Broadband Voice founder Gary Watts isn’t afraid to take chances
- Health officials identify another case of chikungunya virus