Milwaukee Electric Tool building new distribution facility
by MBJ Staff
Published: March 1,2012
OLIVE BRANCH — Milwaukee Electric Tool, manufacturer of portable electric power tools and accessories, is expanding its presence in north Mississippi by constructing a new, larger distribution center in Olive Branch. The project represents a company investment of $8 million and will create 25 new jobs, according to the Mississippi Development Authority (MDA).
“The new 600,000-square-foot distribution facility gives us the capability to accommodate the fast growing demand for Milwaukee products throughout North American markets and abroad,” says Ty Staviski, CFO of Milwaukee Electric Tool. “With a commitment to serve our customers faster and more efficiently, we will continue to invest in and expand our facilities when necessary to deliver industry leading customer service.”
The Mississippi Development Authority (MDA) worked with company and local officials to help facilitate the project by providing assistance for workforce training and infrastructure needs. Additionally, DeSoto County and the City of Olive Branch provided assistance for the project.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Deal for Jackson-Orlando flights in works with Allegiant
- Baseball stadium for Farish Street? It’s possible
- Explosion at Coast fish plant leaves one dead, three injured
- State GOP chairman calls on McDaniel to hurry with challenge
- Guns OK inside Mississippi polling places, attorney general says
- McCarthy hired as CFO of Mississippi Development Authority
- Former Gov. Musgrove pushing lawsuit to school districts
- Former state lawmaker Green dies at home at age 62
- 'Get on Up' movie premiers in Madison with Chadwick Boseman and Tate Taylor walking the red carpet
- White House hotel making comeback in Biloxi