Milwaukee Electric Tool building new distribution facility
by MBJ Staff
Published: March 1,2012
OLIVE BRANCH — Milwaukee Electric Tool, manufacturer of portable electric power tools and accessories, is expanding its presence in north Mississippi by constructing a new, larger distribution center in Olive Branch. The project represents a company investment of $8 million and will create 25 new jobs, according to the Mississippi Development Authority (MDA).
“The new 600,000-square-foot distribution facility gives us the capability to accommodate the fast growing demand for Milwaukee products throughout North American markets and abroad,” says Ty Staviski, CFO of Milwaukee Electric Tool. “With a commitment to serve our customers faster and more efficiently, we will continue to invest in and expand our facilities when necessary to deliver industry leading customer service.”
The Mississippi Development Authority (MDA) worked with company and local officials to help facilitate the project by providing assistance for workforce training and infrastructure needs. Additionally, DeSoto County and the City of Olive Branch provided assistance for the project.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- Prescription for success — Transcript Pharmacy continues fast growth
- MSU researchers develop timber-management software
- New law on taxing methods hailed as big win for businesses
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- Panther Creek megasite — Putting a value proposition out there
- BBB issues warning involving asphalt paving scam
- Chris McDaniel responds to radio show audio clip
- Running luxury car dealerships, like Mercedes of Jackson, comes naturally to Trudy Higginbotham Moody