Milwaukee Electric Tool building new distribution facility
by MBJ Staff
Published: March 1,2012
OLIVE BRANCH — Milwaukee Electric Tool, manufacturer of portable electric power tools and accessories, is expanding its presence in north Mississippi by constructing a new, larger distribution center in Olive Branch. The project represents a company investment of $8 million and will create 25 new jobs, according to the Mississippi Development Authority (MDA).
“The new 600,000-square-foot distribution facility gives us the capability to accommodate the fast growing demand for Milwaukee products throughout North American markets and abroad,” says Ty Staviski, CFO of Milwaukee Electric Tool. “With a commitment to serve our customers faster and more efficiently, we will continue to invest in and expand our facilities when necessary to deliver industry leading customer service.”
The Mississippi Development Authority (MDA) worked with company and local officials to help facilitate the project by providing assistance for workforce training and infrastructure needs. Additionally, DeSoto County and the City of Olive Branch provided assistance for the project.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- New boutique hotel to replace Oxford’s Downtown Inn
- Coast city to repay BP grant funding for Ocean Expo
- Eye clinic operator faces Medicaid fraud charges
- Mega-load move could cause traffic issues
- NEW ORLEANS SAINTS MOVING — Mississippi company has the task of moving the football team
- New owners plan cautious change for Highland Village
- Judge to weigh Hood's credit card issuer lawsuit
- Blue Origin successfully tests BE-3 rocket engine
- Allain to lie in repose at Capital Friday; funeral Saturday in Natchez
- Northrop Grumman begins production of five NATO drones