Milwaukee Electric Tool building new distribution facility
by MBJ Staff
Published: March 1,2012
OLIVE BRANCH — Milwaukee Electric Tool, manufacturer of portable electric power tools and accessories, is expanding its presence in north Mississippi by constructing a new, larger distribution center in Olive Branch. The project represents a company investment of $8 million and will create 25 new jobs, according to the Mississippi Development Authority (MDA).
“The new 600,000-square-foot distribution facility gives us the capability to accommodate the fast growing demand for Milwaukee products throughout North American markets and abroad,” says Ty Staviski, CFO of Milwaukee Electric Tool. “With a commitment to serve our customers faster and more efficiently, we will continue to invest in and expand our facilities when necessary to deliver industry leading customer service.”
The Mississippi Development Authority (MDA) worked with company and local officials to help facilitate the project by providing assistance for workforce training and infrastructure needs. Additionally, DeSoto County and the City of Olive Branch provided assistance for the project.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Alcorn president launches new customer service task force
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- David Duval, former British Open winner, joins Sanderson Farms field
- Court rules against Greenwood councilwoman; must give up office
- GreenTech holds grand opening of neighborhood electric vehicle plant
- Turner Grain’s bankruptcy will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- Peoples Bank reports quarterly loss due to bad loans
- Cochran continues to reach out to African American voters
- Senators write letter over Waters of the United States proposal