Meyer switching cities
by MBJ Staff
Published: March 4,2012
The Mississippi Press reports Eric Meyer handed in his resignation Feb. 16. His last day in Ocean Springs was March 2, and he was scheduled to start March 5 in Gautier, 10 miles east.
Gautier’s city manager, Samantha Abell, says Meyer was the most impressive of three candidates for the job, which she held until she was named city manager. She says his balanced background in planning, economic development and policy is hard to find.
Meyer was hired in Ocean Springs in May 2007.
In Gautier, he will get $68,000 a year and supervise a staff of eight.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Dan Jones rejects IHL offer, won't publicly apologize
- BREAKING NEWS: Trustees offer new deal to Ole Miss chancellor Dan Jones
- DAVID DALLAS — From Dan and Dixie with love
- The Dan Jones-IHL saga: Is this the story that started it all?
- Law to bolster utilities’ economic development efforts gets mixed reactions
- Suit against Kemper employee Brett Wingo is dismissed
- Email from Nash to Delta Council’s Morgan included in DHA court file
- Developers withdraw zoning application for former country club
- Lawmakers: Time to raze IHL