Meyer switching cities
by MBJ Staff
Published: March 4,2012
The Mississippi Press reports Eric Meyer handed in his resignation Feb. 16. His last day in Ocean Springs was March 2, and he was scheduled to start March 5 in Gautier, 10 miles east.
Gautier’s city manager, Samantha Abell, says Meyer was the most impressive of three candidates for the job, which she held until she was named city manager. She says his balanced background in planning, economic development and policy is hard to find.
Meyer was hired in Ocean Springs in May 2007.
In Gautier, he will get $68,000 a year and supervise a staff of eight.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Ex-prison boss and businessman admit to bribery scheme
- ASA postmortem: industrial recruiting is a constant cycle of death and life
- MBJ Business Woman of the Year Top 10
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY — Doug Dale’s self-awareness helps lift him to top of his game
- JOSH MABUS — Inbound marketing is fueled by wishful thinking
- (UPDATED — BREAKING NEWS) American Specialty Alloys won’t locate $1.2B mill in Mississippi
- Prison won’t interrupt ex-prison chief’s retirement cash flow
- Meet the MBJ's Businesswoman of the Year — Rosemary Smith, a business hotshot
- State’s Consumer Protection Act key to forcing S&P settlement on bogus bond ratings