Meyer switching cities
by MBJ Staff
Published: March 4,2012
The Mississippi Press reports Eric Meyer handed in his resignation Feb. 16. His last day in Ocean Springs was March 2, and he was scheduled to start March 5 in Gautier, 10 miles east.
Gautier’s city manager, Samantha Abell, says Meyer was the most impressive of three candidates for the job, which she held until she was named city manager. She says his balanced background in planning, economic development and policy is hard to find.
Meyer was hired in Ocean Springs in May 2007.
In Gautier, he will get $68,000 a year and supervise a staff of eight.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Spivey named Under 40 Business Person of the Year by the Mississippi Business Journal
- JACK WEATHERLY: Finding a house, defending a neighborhood, finding a voice
- Top 40 Under 40
- Bids on reworking Interstate 55 stretch are rejected
- Terminal upgrade on indefinite hold at Jackson International Airport
- JACK WEATHERLY: Economic development in these parts is a ‘family’ business
- CFPB wants repay ability at center of new payday loan rules
- MDA to close all its regional offices
- Top 40 Under 40 (digital magazine)