Meyer switching cities
by MBJ Staff
Published: March 4,2012
The Mississippi Press reports Eric Meyer handed in his resignation Feb. 16. His last day in Ocean Springs was March 2, and he was scheduled to start March 5 in Gautier, 10 miles east.
Gautier’s city manager, Samantha Abell, says Meyer was the most impressive of three candidates for the job, which she held until she was named city manager. She says his balanced background in planning, economic development and policy is hard to find.
Meyer was hired in Ocean Springs in May 2007.
In Gautier, he will get $68,000 a year and supervise a staff of eight.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- GreenTech holds grand opening of neighborhood electric vehicle plant
- Alcorn president launches new customer service task force
- Turner Grain’s bankruptcy will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- David Duval, former British Open winner, joins Sanderson Farms field
- Mississippi Film Studios signs contract with New Orleans company
- MDOT cutting more than 40 jobs in Right-of-Way Division
- Mars Food expanding Delta plant; investing $31M and adding jobs
- Court rules against Greenwood councilwoman; must give up office