Meyer switching cities
by MBJ Staff
Published: March 4,2012
The Mississippi Press reports Eric Meyer handed in his resignation Feb. 16. His last day in Ocean Springs was March 2, and he was scheduled to start March 5 in Gautier, 10 miles east.
Gautier’s city manager, Samantha Abell, says Meyer was the most impressive of three candidates for the job, which she held until she was named city manager. She says his balanced background in planning, economic development and policy is hard to find.
Meyer was hired in Ocean Springs in May 2007.
In Gautier, he will get $68,000 a year and supervise a staff of eight.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Travis retiring as head of Mississippi World Trade Center
- Pearl ordering rental properties to retrofit with sprinklers, build storm shelters
- Deer processors need to use caution to insure safe, tasty venison
- Winchester lands $50M ammunition contract from Homeland Security
- Court rules board can discipline West Virginia radiologist
- Drew Brees settles lawsuit alleging investment fraud
- Legislators begin work on FY2016 state budget
- Biloxi baseball project still alive but may be held for 2015
- Doctor convicted of using phony church for tax shelter