Moffett joins Neel-Schaffer
by MBJ Staff
Published: March 4,2012
Andreas Moffett has joined the Neel-Schaffer Inc. team in Hattiesburg. Moffett was hired as a full-time employee in January 2012, but has been a part of the Neel-Schaffer family for several years now as a recipient of the Neel-Schaffer Scholarship and as an intern.
In 2008, Moffett was a member of the Downtown Rotary Club of Jackson Mentor Scholarship Program that awards five scholarships every year to college students on a competitive basis. While a member, he was mentored by Mike Larsen, who took him under his wing and encouraged him to follow his dream to be a civil engineer. It was while Moffett was a freshman majoring in civil engineering at Mississippi State University, that Larsen first introduced Moffett to Hibbett Neel, president of Neel-Schaffer Inc. Neel believed in Moffett so greatly that he awarded him with the Neel-Schaffer scholarship. Neel also provided Moffett with an internship at Neel-Schaffer’s Columbus office while he finished his civil engineering degree.
Moffett is currently specializing in water resources and wastewater. His professional goals include obtaining his Professional Engineering license and achieving a MBA in Project Management.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Half century of memories — Christmas on Deer Creek to celebrate 50th anniversary
- Prison-contract task force working in wake of Epps' indictment
- Bryant wants free tuition for students with technical diploma
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- Prescott leads field for Conerly Trophy as state's best football player
- BILL CRAWFORD: Bryant’s tax cut won’t stop spending growth
- UM Chancellor Jones: Lymphoma treatment going well
- WILLOUGHBY: Bernie Reed cites hard work as key to success of Reed’s Metals