Moffett joins Neel-Schaffer
by MBJ Staff
Published: March 4,2012
Andreas Moffett has joined the Neel-Schaffer Inc. team in Hattiesburg. Moffett was hired as a full-time employee in January 2012, but has been a part of the Neel-Schaffer family for several years now as a recipient of the Neel-Schaffer Scholarship and as an intern.
In 2008, Moffett was a member of the Downtown Rotary Club of Jackson Mentor Scholarship Program that awards five scholarships every year to college students on a competitive basis. While a member, he was mentored by Mike Larsen, who took him under his wing and encouraged him to follow his dream to be a civil engineer. It was while Moffett was a freshman majoring in civil engineering at Mississippi State University, that Larsen first introduced Moffett to Hibbett Neel, president of Neel-Schaffer Inc. Neel believed in Moffett so greatly that he awarded him with the Neel-Schaffer scholarship. Neel also provided Moffett with an internship at Neel-Schaffer’s Columbus office while he finished his civil engineering degree.
Moffett is currently specializing in water resources and wastewater. His professional goals include obtaining his Professional Engineering license and achieving a MBA in Project Management.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Peavey's wellness program honored after workers drop 1,000 pounds
- Pickering lists concerns over Mississippi Adequate Education Program formula
- Group, lesbian couples look to overturn state's ban on same-sex marriages
- Watkins says JRA out to block him from Farish by repaying HUD $1.5M
- Mississippi Film Studios signs contract with New Orleans company
- State renews battle over water use with city of Memphis
- Mars Food expanding Delta plant; investing $31M and adding jobs
- DAVID DALLAS: You say “Obama”, I say “Ebola”
- Biloxi baseball project still alive but may be held for 2015