Moffett joins Neel-Schaffer
by MBJ Staff
Published: March 4,2012
Andreas Moffett has joined the Neel-Schaffer Inc. team in Hattiesburg. Moffett was hired as a full-time employee in January 2012, but has been a part of the Neel-Schaffer family for several years now as a recipient of the Neel-Schaffer Scholarship and as an intern.
In 2008, Moffett was a member of the Downtown Rotary Club of Jackson Mentor Scholarship Program that awards five scholarships every year to college students on a competitive basis. While a member, he was mentored by Mike Larsen, who took him under his wing and encouraged him to follow his dream to be a civil engineer. It was while Moffett was a freshman majoring in civil engineering at Mississippi State University, that Larsen first introduced Moffett to Hibbett Neel, president of Neel-Schaffer Inc. Neel believed in Moffett so greatly that he awarded him with the Neel-Schaffer scholarship. Neel also provided Moffett with an internship at Neel-Schaffer’s Columbus office while he finished his civil engineering degree.
Moffett is currently specializing in water resources and wastewater. His professional goals include obtaining his Professional Engineering license and achieving a MBA in Project Management.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- Prescription for success — Transcript Pharmacy continues fast growth
- New law on taxing methods hailed as big win for businesses
- Panther Creek megasite — Putting a value proposition out there
- Panther Creek's location in medical industry zone boosts bio-med prospects
- MSU researchers develop timber-management software
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- Counties ‘hoping to get it right’ as they await Tuscaloosa Marine shale boom
- News The Way You Want It!