Remembering national-title days — Ole Miss to celebrate the 50th anniversary of the Rebels’ 1962 perfect football season
by Clay Chandler
Published: March 4,2012
Tags: American Football League, Bananas, chile, Chiquita, College Football, Georgia Bulldogs, Glynn Griffing, Gov. Kirk Fordice, GULFPORT, Hemingway Stadium, James Meredith, Jimmy Heidel, Johnny Vaught, Kenny Dill, Larry Johnson, London, Louis Guy, Mississippi Department of Economic and Community Development, Mississippi Development Authority, National Football League, New York Giants, Oakland Raiders, Ole Miss, Santiago, Seoul, South Korea, Sugar Bowl, Texas Longhorns, The State Port of Gulfport, Tokyo, University of Houston, West Point
Login to your MBJ Insider account to access this content and much more
Become an MBJ Insider
By offering insightful coverage by award-winning reporters about Mississippi’s companies and industries, we help you make smart business decisions, advance your career, and find new prospects. Build your business and outsmart your competition day after day by becoming an insider.
Ready to get started? Choose your delivery method:
Benefits of being an MBJ Insider
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- Family launches Billups Coffee with headquarters in Oxford
- Chris McDaniel responds to radio show audio clip
- Running luxury car dealerships, like Mercedes of Jackson, comes naturally to Trudy Higginbotham Moody
- ‘Just the beginning’ — Venture Technologies merging, acquiring companies
- Chaney drops lawsuit against National Flood Insurance Program
- Mississippi State makes NSF ranking of research universities
- Hood joins other AGs in efforts to curb copper theft
- Entergy gives $500K grant to The Nature Conservancy
- Sawtimber, pulpwood markets improving, but challenges remain