Shackouls named to board
by MBJ Staff
Published: March 4,2012
Tags: Boy Scouts of America, ConocoPhillips, Exxon Company U.S.A., Kroger Company, Mississippi State Univeristy, Mississippi State University, PAA Natural Gas Storage, Robert L. Zorich, Society of Petroleum Engineers, Texas Heart Institute, U.S. Oil & Gas Association
Oasis Petroleum Inc. has appointed Bobby S. Shackouls as a director of the company. Shackouls fills the vacancy created by Robert L. Zorich, who notified the company that he would not stand for reelection and would resign from the board, effective March 1.
Shackouls currently serves as a director on numerous boards, including Kroger Company, PAA Natural Gas Storage, LP, Peter Kiewit Sons’ Inc., Boy Scouts of America, Texas Heart Institute, Mississippi State University Foundation and Both Ends Burning Campaign Inc. Shackouls served as chairman of Burlington Resources Inc. from 1997 until its acquisition by ConocoPhillips in 2006. In 1975, Shackouls joined Houston Oil & Minerals Corporation where he held a number of professional and management positions. He joined Plains Resources Inc. in 1981 and served in several senior management positions. In 1988, Shackouls was employed by Torch Energy Advisors Inc. as executive vice president of operations, and in 1991 he was named president and COO.
Shackouls joined Burlington Resources/Meridian Oil Inc. in 1993 as executive vice president and COO. In 1994, he was named president and CEO of Meridian. In December 1995, Shackouls was named president and CEO of Burlington Resources Inc. and was also elected to the board. On July 9, 1997, he was elected chairman of the board. Shackouls retired as chairman, president and CEO of Burlington Resources Inc. upon its acquisition by ConocoPhillips March 31, 2006, and subsequently served on the ConocoPhillips board until 2011.
Shackouls is a past chairman of the National Petroleum Council and a member of the Executive Committee of the U.S. Oil and Gas Association. He is a registered professional engineer in Texas and a member of the Society of Petroleum Engineers. He began his career with Exxon Company U.S.A. in New Orleans where he held several engineering positions.
Shackouls graduated from Mississippi State University in 1972 with a bachelor of science degree in chemical engineering.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- (UPDATE) Prison won’t interrupt ex-prison chief’s retirement cash flow
- JOSH MABUS — Inbound marketing is fueled by wishful thinking
- Kemper plant employee gag order continued
- Ex-prison boss and businessman admit to bribery scheme
- WRESTLING SUCCESS — Ted DiBiase Jr. leaves ring to become entrepreneur
- The leadership styles of President Obama
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY — Doug Dale’s self-awareness helps lift him to top of his game
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- ASA postmortem: industrial recruiting is a constant cycle of death and life
- Two new casinos like the odds on Mississippi Gulf Coast