Insurance Department investigating insurer’s activities
by MBJ Staff
Published: March 5,2012
JACKSON — The Mississippi Insurance Department is alerting the Mississippi producer community that it is investigating possible instances of unauthorized insurance activity focusing on habitation risks (e.g., apartment buildings, condominium developments, hotels, etc.).
Specifically, alleged coverage, binders and/or policies placed through an unlicensed individual and entity, Michael A. “Mike” Ward or his related entity, JRSO Inc. are suspect, the MID reports. For any coverage that is unauthorized, legitimate coverage should be immediately obtained and the MID should be contacted.
Neither Ward nor JRSO Inc. is licensed in Mississippi.
Parties who have any questions about this matter generally, or if they specifically conducted business with Ward or JRSO, the Mississippi Insurance Department is asking them to contact John Hornback, director of investigations and consumer protection at (601) 359-3569 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Voters to decide whether hunting, fishing is constitutional right
- Dak Prescott's autograph fetches a pretty penny
- Gulf oil and gas leases to go up for sale in March
- Grand juries charge seven with election violations
- Farm theft investigation recovers $200K in stolen equipment
- Butler Snow names Crockoft new office director
- Airport gets grant to support seasonal service from Sun Country
- State officials identify first flu case this season
- NCCI petitioning for workers' comp rate decrease