Insurance Department investigating insurer’s activities
by MBJ Staff
Published: March 5,2012
JACKSON — The Mississippi Insurance Department is alerting the Mississippi producer community that it is investigating possible instances of unauthorized insurance activity focusing on habitation risks (e.g., apartment buildings, condominium developments, hotels, etc.).
Specifically, alleged coverage, binders and/or policies placed through an unlicensed individual and entity, Michael A. “Mike” Ward or his related entity, JRSO Inc. are suspect, the MID reports. For any coverage that is unauthorized, legitimate coverage should be immediately obtained and the MID should be contacted.
Neither Ward nor JRSO Inc. is licensed in Mississippi.
Parties who have any questions about this matter generally, or if they specifically conducted business with Ward or JRSO, the Mississippi Insurance Department is asking them to contact John Hornback, director of investigations and consumer protection at (601) 359-3569 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- A BIG CHANGE: New mortgage rules seen bringing increase in pricey mobile home loans
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- Warden who lives hundreds of miles from jail resigns
- Jail kitchen supervisor pleads guilty to stealing food
- DAVID DALLAS: Savor this Thanksgiving and be grateful
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- WILLOUGHBY: Bernie Reed cites hard work as key to success of Reed’s Metals
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- Hunting-weapons legislation passes House