Insurance Department investigating insurer’s activities
by MBJ Staff
Published: March 5,2012
JACKSON — The Mississippi Insurance Department is alerting the Mississippi producer community that it is investigating possible instances of unauthorized insurance activity focusing on habitation risks (e.g., apartment buildings, condominium developments, hotels, etc.).
Specifically, alleged coverage, binders and/or policies placed through an unlicensed individual and entity, Michael A. “Mike” Ward or his related entity, JRSO Inc. are suspect, the MID reports. For any coverage that is unauthorized, legitimate coverage should be immediately obtained and the MID should be contacted.
Neither Ward nor JRSO Inc. is licensed in Mississippi.
Parties who have any questions about this matter generally, or if they specifically conducted business with Ward or JRSO, the Mississippi Insurance Department is asking them to contact John Hornback, director of investigations and consumer protection at (601) 359-3569 or email@example.com.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Giles Ward will not seek reelection to Senate
- Congressional delegation applauds Air Force's decision on Keesler, but not satisfied
- Report: Mississippi sees biggest hike in home insurance premiums in U.S.
- Businessman involved in Frankel insurance scam dies at 81
- (UPDATED) Making Jackson-Evers affordable to Allegiant is key to regaining Orlando service
- County rescinds gun ban; sheriff says lawmakers may 'deal with the consequences'
- Commission to decide if emergency should be declared in Delta school system
- Ex-state employee gets jail time for embezzling from school
- Leadership in Law nomination form
- MDOT study: State's airports generate $2.5B-plus in economic activity