Insurance Department investigating insurer’s activities
by MBJ Staff
Published: March 5,2012
JACKSON — The Mississippi Insurance Department is alerting the Mississippi producer community that it is investigating possible instances of unauthorized insurance activity focusing on habitation risks (e.g., apartment buildings, condominium developments, hotels, etc.).
Specifically, alleged coverage, binders and/or policies placed through an unlicensed individual and entity, Michael A. “Mike” Ward or his related entity, JRSO Inc. are suspect, the MID reports. For any coverage that is unauthorized, legitimate coverage should be immediately obtained and the MID should be contacted.
Neither Ward nor JRSO Inc. is licensed in Mississippi.
Parties who have any questions about this matter generally, or if they specifically conducted business with Ward or JRSO, the Mississippi Insurance Department is asking them to contact John Hornback, director of investigations and consumer protection at (601) 359-3569 or email@example.com.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- Prescription for success — Transcript Pharmacy continues fast growth
- MSU researchers develop timber-management software
- New law on taxing methods hailed as big win for businesses
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- Panther Creek megasite — Putting a value proposition out there
- BBB issues warning involving asphalt paving scam
- Chris McDaniel responds to radio show audio clip
- Running luxury car dealerships, like Mercedes of Jackson, comes naturally to Trudy Higginbotham Moody