Insurance Department investigating insurer’s activities
by MBJ Staff
Published: March 5,2012
JACKSON — The Mississippi Insurance Department is alerting the Mississippi producer community that it is investigating possible instances of unauthorized insurance activity focusing on habitation risks (e.g., apartment buildings, condominium developments, hotels, etc.).
Specifically, alleged coverage, binders and/or policies placed through an unlicensed individual and entity, Michael A. “Mike” Ward or his related entity, JRSO Inc. are suspect, the MID reports. For any coverage that is unauthorized, legitimate coverage should be immediately obtained and the MID should be contacted.
Neither Ward nor JRSO Inc. is licensed in Mississippi.
Parties who have any questions about this matter generally, or if they specifically conducted business with Ward or JRSO, the Mississippi Insurance Department is asking them to contact John Hornback, director of investigations and consumer protection at (601) 359-3569 or email@example.com.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Ex-prison boss and businessman admit to bribery scheme
- ASA postmortem: industrial recruiting is a constant cycle of death and life
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY — Doug Dale’s self-awareness helps lift him to top of his game
- MBJ Business Woman of the Year Top 10
- JOSH MABUS — Inbound marketing is fueled by wishful thinking
- Meet the MBJ's Businesswoman of the Year — Rosemary Smith, a business hotshot
- (UPDATED — BREAKING NEWS) American Specialty Alloys won’t locate $1.2B mill in Mississippi
- DAVID DALLAS — Delbert Hosemann: An unsung hero chooses to remain so
- Prison won’t interrupt ex-prison chief’s retirement cash flow