Isle of Capri selling Coast casino for $45M to Golden Nugget
by Associated Press
Published: March 5,2012
BILOXI — Isle of Capri Casinos,Inc. has entered into a definitive purchase agreement with Golden Nugget Biloxi Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of Landry’s Inc., to sell its Isle Casino Hotel in Biloxi.
Under the terms of the agreement, Golden Nugget Biloxi has agreed to pay Isle of Capri Casinos approximately $45 million. The transaction is subject to regulatory approval and other customary closing conditions.
Virginia McDowell, president and CEO of St. Louis, Mo.-based Isle of Capri, said, “This transaction allows us to monetize an asset at a deleveraging price. We have enjoyed 20 years of owning and operating Isle Casino Hotel Biloxi and we appreciate the hard work and dedication of our team. Moving forward we plan to continue implementation of several initiatives to improve the product offering at our properties including the continued roll out of our exciting Farmers’ Pick Buffet, and the rebranding of several of our casinos to the Lady Luck Brand including the recently announced rebrand of our casino in Vicksburg, Miss.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Counties ‘hoping to get it right’ as they await Tuscaloosa Marine shale boom
- Stabenow, Cochran brace for full Senate vote on Farm Bill
- District at Eastover construction to start later this year
- Ex-Northwest Rankin coach David Coates dies before drug trial
- Fervor grows for Tuscaloosa Marine Shale
- PSC’s Mississippi Power probe continues as regulators mull next move
- Keeping Our Eye On Nathan McNeill
- OUR VIEW: USM makes right call by calling off tornado relief campaign
- WILLOUGHBY: Rubinsky grows First Class Linen from ground up