Isle of Capri selling Coast casino for $45M to Golden Nugget
by Associated Press
Published: March 5,2012
BILOXI — Isle of Capri Casinos,Inc. has entered into a definitive purchase agreement with Golden Nugget Biloxi Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of Landry’s Inc., to sell its Isle Casino Hotel in Biloxi.
Under the terms of the agreement, Golden Nugget Biloxi has agreed to pay Isle of Capri Casinos approximately $45 million. The transaction is subject to regulatory approval and other customary closing conditions.
Virginia McDowell, president and CEO of St. Louis, Mo.-based Isle of Capri, said, “This transaction allows us to monetize an asset at a deleveraging price. We have enjoyed 20 years of owning and operating Isle Casino Hotel Biloxi and we appreciate the hard work and dedication of our team. Moving forward we plan to continue implementation of several initiatives to improve the product offering at our properties including the continued roll out of our exciting Farmers’ Pick Buffet, and the rebranding of several of our casinos to the Lady Luck Brand including the recently announced rebrand of our casino in Vicksburg, Miss.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- JACKSON JILTED —Southwest Airlines pulling up stakes and leaving Mississippi
- Eye clinic operator faces Medicaid fraud charges
- Mega-load move could cause traffic issues
- NEW ORLEANS SAINTS MOVING — Mississippi company has the task of moving the football team
- M&F branches to close as Renasant wraps up merger
- Gaming Commission gives nod to Coast city's first casino
- New owners plan cautious change for Highland Village
- Hood issues opinion on open-carry gun law
- Aldermen review adult business ordinance, call public hearing
- New boutique hotel to replace Oxford’s Downtown Inn