Golden Nugget plans $150M in renovations once Isle acquisition is finalized
Published: March 6,2012
BILOXI — The chairman of the Golden Nugget says his company plans to invest $150 million in renovations when the sale of Isle Casino Biloxi is finalized this summer.
Tilman Fertitta tells The Sun Herald every square foot of the casino will be touched.
Fertitta said the jobs of the 750 Isle employees are safe and another 600 jobs likely will be added when the renovations are done.
The artist rendering of the renovated resort shows the H2O Resort Pool and Lounge with four-season hot tubs and fire pits in what is now a parking lot. A new building will connect the casino and parking garage where now there is an enclosed pedestrian bridge.
Isle of Capri Casinos Inc. has entered into a definitive purchase agreement with Golden Nugget Biloxi Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of Landry’s Inc., to sell its Isle Casino Hotel in Biloxi.
Under the terms of the agreement, Golden Nugget Biloxi has agreed to pay Isle of Capri Casinos approximately $45 million. The transaction is subject to regulatory approval and other customary closing conditions.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- TECH 21 — Mississippi's most wanted in technology
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- Mississippi judge dismisses lawsuit seeking to overturn Sen. Cochran's GOP primary win
- Judge expected to rule today on McDaniel's challenge of loss to Cochran
- Isle of Capri reports decreased in-state revenues; experiencing 'market pressures'
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- Circuit clerks question how to get records to McDaniel's trial
- Chefs John Folse and Rick Tramonto are dotting every ‘i’ and crossing every ‘t’ in the development of Seafood R’evolution, which is set to open in November