Aldermen amend city’s zoning ordinance to foster construction
Published: March 7,2012
PETAL — The Petal Board of Aldermen has voted to amend the official zoning ordinance for the city, hoping to make it easier for building in the city.
Mayor Hal Marx said the goal is to make it easier for people to go through the approval process and cut fees.
The Hattiesburg American reports one change would relax the 1,400-square-foot requirement for new home construction. If something happens to a home, and a homeowner has to rebuild, the home can be the same size as before it was destroyed.
Another change would reduce a number of fees that were previously required for variances and other filing processes.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Spivey named Under 40 Business Person of the Year by the Mississippi Business Journal
- JACK WEATHERLY: Finding a house, defending a neighborhood, finding a voice
- Top 40 Under 40
- Bids on reworking Interstate 55 stretch are rejected
- Terminal upgrade on indefinite hold at Jackson International Airport
- JACK WEATHERLY: Economic development in these parts is a ‘family’ business
- CFPB wants repay ability at center of new payday loan rules
- MDA to close all its regional offices
- Top 40 Under 40 (digital magazine)