Aldermen amend city’s zoning ordinance to foster construction
by Associated Press
Published: March 7,2012
PETAL — The Petal Board of Aldermen has voted to amend the official zoning ordinance for the city, hoping to make it easier for building in the city.
Mayor Hal Marx said the goal is to make it easier for people to go through the approval process and cut fees.
The Hattiesburg American reports one change would relax the 1,400-square-foot requirement for new home construction. If something happens to a home, and a homeowner has to rebuild, the home can be the same size as before it was destroyed.
Another change would reduce a number of fees that were previously required for variances and other filing processes.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- George’s Girls put shopping skills to work
- DMR pays accounting firm more than double contract's worth
- Following ruling, Entergy to hand over records to county
- MSU Foundation names five new members
- Crowded field lines up for Jackson mayoral election
- Justice Department files complaint against tax preparer
- Another fiberhood qualifies for C Spire 1-gigabit Internet service
- Cochran questions nominee concerning Stanford ponzi scheme
- Report: State's emergency care ranks highest in Southeast