Aldermen amend city’s zoning ordinance to foster construction
Published: March 7,2012
PETAL — The Petal Board of Aldermen has voted to amend the official zoning ordinance for the city, hoping to make it easier for building in the city.
Mayor Hal Marx said the goal is to make it easier for people to go through the approval process and cut fees.
The Hattiesburg American reports one change would relax the 1,400-square-foot requirement for new home construction. If something happens to a home, and a homeowner has to rebuild, the home can be the same size as before it was destroyed.
Another change would reduce a number of fees that were previously required for variances and other filing processes.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Voters to decide whether hunting, fishing is constitutional right
- DAVID DALLAS: You say “Obama”, I say “Ebola”
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Andrew Adams helps grow Addicus
- Grand juries charge seven with election violations
- Dak Prescott's autograph fetches a pretty penny
- Butler Snow names Crockoft new office director
- Farm theft investigation recovers $200K in stolen equipment
- C Spire wins national award, cash prize for marketing analytics
- MISSISSIPPI RISING: Time to sell the image