City approves plans, financing for proposed CanCan Casino
Published: March 7,2012
D’IBERVILLE — The D’Iberville City Council has approved development plans for the CanCan Casino and up to $24 million in tax-increment financing bonds to help cover costs of the infrastructure.
The Sun Herald reports Chris Gouras, the city’s public finance consultant, outlined the plan and explained how the TIF work yesterday.
Gouras said phase one of the project on the Back Bay east of Interstate 110 would be an investment of more than $250 million for a hotel, casino and parking structure.
Phase two would be a French Village development north of the casino with retail and additional hotel rooms.
He said the city also has a grant pending with Mississippi Development Authority to contribute to the project.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “City approves plans, financing for proposed CanCan Casino”
Top Posts & Pages
- BILL CRAWFORD: Dan Jones not the angel he is portrayed to be
- JOSH MABUS: Bill Murray and business misfits
- The Dan Jones-IHL saga: Is this the story that started it all?
- Analysis: Closed meetings can feed false public impressions
- DAVID DALLAS — From Dan and Dixie with love
- Lawmakers move on bonds despite complaints from colleges and universities
- Cal-Maine income skyrockets as prices rise and costs shrink
- Business groups file briefs in support of Kemper coal plant rehearing
- Email from Nash to Delta Council’s Morgan included in DHA court file