City approves plans, financing for proposed CanCan Casino
Published: March 7,2012
D’IBERVILLE — The D’Iberville City Council has approved development plans for the CanCan Casino and up to $24 million in tax-increment financing bonds to help cover costs of the infrastructure.
The Sun Herald reports Chris Gouras, the city’s public finance consultant, outlined the plan and explained how the TIF work yesterday.
Gouras said phase one of the project on the Back Bay east of Interstate 110 would be an investment of more than $250 million for a hotel, casino and parking structure.
Phase two would be a French Village development north of the casino with retail and additional hotel rooms.
He said the city also has a grant pending with Mississippi Development Authority to contribute to the project.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “City approves plans, financing for proposed CanCan Casino”
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- UMMC reaching out after death of high school football player
- Former Godwin CEO Danny Mitchell dies at 66
- Northrop Grumman lands $354M Air Force contract for Global Hawks
- MDOT: Work on I-269 is on schedule, several phases at halfway point
- More school districts join MAEP lawsuit brought by Musgrove
- Thousands of acres of Delta farmland to go on auction block
- BLAKE WILSON: Danny Mitchell was a remarkable business leader, a better friend
- Court tosses challenge to Miss. Silicon’s clean air permit
- S&P: State in top 10 in U.S. in sales tax dependency