City approves plans, financing for proposed CanCan Casino
Published: March 7,2012
D’IBERVILLE — The D’Iberville City Council has approved development plans for the CanCan Casino and up to $24 million in tax-increment financing bonds to help cover costs of the infrastructure.
The Sun Herald reports Chris Gouras, the city’s public finance consultant, outlined the plan and explained how the TIF work yesterday.
Gouras said phase one of the project on the Back Bay east of Interstate 110 would be an investment of more than $250 million for a hotel, casino and parking structure.
Phase two would be a French Village development north of the casino with retail and additional hotel rooms.
He said the city also has a grant pending with Mississippi Development Authority to contribute to the project.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “City approves plans, financing for proposed CanCan Casino”
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Two BancorpSouth mergers delayed by federal inquiries
- Severstal selling plants, including Severstal Columbus
- Wasted away — Margaritaville in Biloxi to close by Sept. 19
- Moon River Foods creating 100 jobs in Mississippi Delta
- WILLOUGHBY: Broadband Voice founder Gary Watts isn’t afraid to take chances
- Communities awarded national Main Street accreditation
- Police find Attorney General Hood's stolen handgun
- Pickwick Pines settles lawsuit; pays $260K
- MSU sets new annual fundraising record of $106M-plus