City approves plans, financing for proposed CanCan Casino
by Associated Press
Published: March 7,2012
D’IBERVILLE — The D’Iberville City Council has approved development plans for the CanCan Casino and up to $24 million in tax-increment financing bonds to help cover costs of the infrastructure.
The Sun Herald reports Chris Gouras, the city’s public finance consultant, outlined the plan and explained how the TIF work yesterday.
Gouras said phase one of the project on the Back Bay east of Interstate 110 would be an investment of more than $250 million for a hotel, casino and parking structure.
Phase two would be a French Village development north of the casino with retail and additional hotel rooms.
He said the city also has a grant pending with Mississippi Development Authority to contribute to the project.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “City approves plans, financing for proposed CanCan Casino”
Top Posts & Pages
- Fervor grows for Tuscaloosa Marine Shale
- Click Boutique revives Hattiesburg downtown retail district
- KEEPING OUR EYE ON: Elizabeth Harris
- Nullification and interposition
- TROTTER: Social security claiming strategies
- District at Eastover construction to start later this year
- Small business owners take picture perfect advantages with Instagram
- Court rules in clinic dispute involving St. Dominic, HMA
- Froyo y’all: Couple brings 'delicious' dessert to Delta