City approves plans, financing for proposed CanCan Casino
Published: March 7,2012
D’IBERVILLE — The D’Iberville City Council has approved development plans for the CanCan Casino and up to $24 million in tax-increment financing bonds to help cover costs of the infrastructure.
The Sun Herald reports Chris Gouras, the city’s public finance consultant, outlined the plan and explained how the TIF work yesterday.
Gouras said phase one of the project on the Back Bay east of Interstate 110 would be an investment of more than $250 million for a hotel, casino and parking structure.
Phase two would be a French Village development north of the casino with retail and additional hotel rooms.
He said the city also has a grant pending with Mississippi Development Authority to contribute to the project.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “City approves plans, financing for proposed CanCan Casino”
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Seafood R’evolution set to make Mississippi ‘the new culinary epicenter of the South’
- Yarber could be sworn in today as new Jackson mayor
- Ole Miss launches commitment to be 'climate neutral'
- Pharma Pac lays off rest of workers; could end up owing state
- After review, MSU moves forward on new research facility
- SpaceX, Stennis officially open new rocket test stand
- Acco Brands investing $1.6M, adding 162 workers
- Gulf LNG terminal mulling export opportunities
- Secretary of State's Office transitioning to new location