CMR votes to restrict oyster license sales again this season
by MBJ Staff
Published: March 7,2012
GULF COAST — The Mississippi Commission on Marine Resources (CMR) has voted to restrict 2012-2013 oyster license sales to the number and type of license sold during the current 2011-2012 license year.
Oyster harvest licenses for the 2012-2013 season will go on sale April 2.
During the month of April 2012, commercial oyster license sales for the license year will be limited to renewals only of current 2011-2012 commercial oyster harvest license holders, of the same number and type of license. For renewals it is recommended that you bring in a copy of your valid 2011-2012 oyster harvest license.
If during the 2011-2012 license year, the license holder surrendered a commercial oyster dredging license to purchase a commercial tonging license, the license holder may select which license they desire to renew.
After April, the remaining allocation of commercial oyster harvest licenses per license type will be made available to any interested party on a first-come, first-served basis, until the total number of licenses allocated for that category has been exhausted.
The CMR has taken similar actions to restrict license sales over the past several seasons.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- MBJ Special report: MDA numbers help with cities’ retail pitches
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- COO of TL Wallace Construction keeps eye on revenue growth and profits
- RAISING AWARENESS — Lori Newcomb, family join fight against ovarian cancer
- Isle of Capri reports decreased in-state revenues; experiencing 'market pressures'
- DREAMS AND OYSTERS — Houstons set for August opening of Saltine in Fondren