County selling land to Oklahoma-based peanut processor
by Associated Press
Published: March 7,2012
LEFLORE COUNTY — Leflore County has agreed to sell 30 acres in the Industrial Park at $5,000 per acre to the peanut processor Clint Williams Co.
The Greenwood Commonwealth reports the board of supervisors decided to use the money to pay part of Atmos Energy’s cost of installing a pipeline to the site.
The company has an option for 10 more acres.
The Clint Williams Co., based in Madill, Okla., is opening two warehouses as buying points and drying facilities for peanuts. The other is in Clarksdale. Each facility will have 10 full-time employees and 25 to 30 seasonal workers.
The county and city of Greenwood are building the warehouse and will lease it to the Clint Williams Co.
The Greenwood City Council also must join in the project.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Fervor grows for Tuscaloosa Marine Shale
- Click Boutique revives Hattiesburg downtown retail district
- KEEPING OUR EYE ON: Elizabeth Harris
- TROTTER: Social security claiming strategies
- Small business owners take picture perfect advantages with Instagram
- District at Eastover construction to start later this year
- Nullification and interposition
- Froyo y’all: Couple brings 'delicious' dessert to Delta
- Brown would make history if confirmed as judge