Highway 67 interchange project to begin this month
by MBJ Staff
Published: March 7,2012
HARRISON COUNTY — The Mississippi Department of Transportation (MDOT) will soon begin construction of an interchange project on Highway 67 at Sangani Boulevard in Harrison County, according to Southern Transportation Commissioner Tom King.
The project, which is located in D’Iberville near the Interstate 10 and Interstate 110 Interchange, was awarded to Gulf Equipment Corporation of Theodore, Ala., for $7.3 million. Work is scheduled to begin in mid-March.
The project is divided into four phases. Phase one involves construction of the permanent connector roads that will be located in the northeast and northwest quadrants of the existing intersection. Temporary traffic signals and a crossover will be installed approximately 300 feet north of the existing traffic signals.
Phase two involves raising the elevation at the intersection of Sangani Boulevard and Indian River Road (near Ruby Tuesday’s restaurant).
Phase three involves constructing a new overpass bridge, which will be in the same location as the existing intersection.
Phase four involves removing the temporary signals/ crossover and work to provide final roadway grading and grassing.
The final project will have no traffic signals on Highway 67. The new intersection will be a right-in/right-out configuration with no median crossover. Motorists will use the new connector roads to access Promenade Parkway and Sangani Boulevard. New traffic signals will be installed at the intersection of Bobby Eleuterius Boulevard and Promenade Parkway. New traffic signals will also be installed at the intersection of Indian River Road and Sangani Boulevard.
The new overpass bridge will have a vertical clearance of 17 feet over Highway 67. There will also be a five-foot pedestrian walkway located on the bridge.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Alcorn president launches new customer service task force
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- David Duval, former British Open winner, joins Sanderson Farms field
- Court rules against Greenwood councilwoman; must give up office
- GreenTech holds grand opening of neighborhood electric vehicle plant
- Cochran continues to reach out to African American voters
- Turner Grain’s bankruptcy will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- Peoples Bank reports quarterly loss due to bad loans
- Senators write letter over Waters of the United States proposal