Highway 67 interchange project to begin this month
by MBJ Staff
Published: March 7,2012
HARRISON COUNTY — The Mississippi Department of Transportation (MDOT) will soon begin construction of an interchange project on Highway 67 at Sangani Boulevard in Harrison County, according to Southern Transportation Commissioner Tom King.
The project, which is located in D’Iberville near the Interstate 10 and Interstate 110 Interchange, was awarded to Gulf Equipment Corporation of Theodore, Ala., for $7.3 million. Work is scheduled to begin in mid-March.
The project is divided into four phases. Phase one involves construction of the permanent connector roads that will be located in the northeast and northwest quadrants of the existing intersection. Temporary traffic signals and a crossover will be installed approximately 300 feet north of the existing traffic signals.
Phase two involves raising the elevation at the intersection of Sangani Boulevard and Indian River Road (near Ruby Tuesday’s restaurant).
Phase three involves constructing a new overpass bridge, which will be in the same location as the existing intersection.
Phase four involves removing the temporary signals/ crossover and work to provide final roadway grading and grassing.
The final project will have no traffic signals on Highway 67. The new intersection will be a right-in/right-out configuration with no median crossover. Motorists will use the new connector roads to access Promenade Parkway and Sangani Boulevard. New traffic signals will be installed at the intersection of Bobby Eleuterius Boulevard and Promenade Parkway. New traffic signals will also be installed at the intersection of Indian River Road and Sangani Boulevard.
The new overpass bridge will have a vertical clearance of 17 feet over Highway 67. There will also be a five-foot pedestrian walkway located on the bridge.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Family launches Billups Coffee with headquarters in Oxford
- Chris McDaniel responds to radio show audio clip
- ‘Just the beginning’ — Venture Technologies merging, acquiring companies
- Man indicted, accused of bankruptcy fraud
- Running luxury car dealerships, like Mercedes of Jackson, comes naturally to Trudy Higginbotham Moody
- Grenada native Donna Tartt wins Pulitzer Prize for 'The Goldfinch'
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- TODD SMITH — Taco Bell and McDonalds take breakfast war viral; how to write killer news releases and more
- Fight between county, insurer over courthouse fire continues
- Judge to rule on release of Kemper power plant data