Consultant recommends four wards for Diamondhead
Published: March 8,2012
DIAMONDHEAD — A consultant has proposed four wards for the newly incorporated city of Diamondhead in Hancock County.
Mayor Chuck Ingraham tells the Sea Coast Echo the draft map from Bridge and Watson of Oxford is step one of the election process of June 2013.
Ingraham says public hearings will be held on the proposed ward lines.
Each proposed ward is comprised of about 2,090 people.
Diamondhead incorporated in February. The incorporation ended a five-year legal battle for the area of about 9,500 residents to become a city.
The mayor and city council members will serve until elections are held in June 2013. Elected officials will serve for four years.
The city will operate under a council-manager form of government.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Two BancorpSouth mergers delayed by federal inquiries
- Severstal selling plants, including Severstal Columbus
- Wasted away — Margaritaville in Biloxi to close by Sept. 19
- Moon River Foods creating 100 jobs in Mississippi Delta
- WILLOUGHBY: Broadband Voice founder Gary Watts isn’t afraid to take chances
- Communities awarded national Main Street accreditation
- Police find Attorney General Hood's stolen handgun
- Pickwick Pines settles lawsuit; pays $260K
- MSU sets new annual fundraising record of $106M-plus