Consultant recommends four wards for Diamondhead
by Associated Press
Published: March 8,2012
DIAMONDHEAD — A consultant has proposed four wards for the newly incorporated city of Diamondhead in Hancock County.
Mayor Chuck Ingraham tells the Sea Coast Echo the draft map from Bridge and Watson of Oxford is step one of the election process of June 2013.
Ingraham says public hearings will be held on the proposed ward lines.
Each proposed ward is comprised of about 2,090 people.
Diamondhead incorporated in February. The incorporation ended a five-year legal battle for the area of about 9,500 residents to become a city.
The mayor and city council members will serve until elections are held in June 2013. Elected officials will serve for four years.
The city will operate under a council-manager form of government.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- School superintendent terminated after party funds, travel questions
- Telepak strikes another branding deal with C Spire
- Airline announces new service at Oxford
- Accounting firm finds problems at troubled MDMR
- C Spire launches new WiFi On app for Android-powered phones
- South's oldest casino to reopen as Golden Nugget
- Hosemann recruiting Realtors to market tax-forfeited property
- At age 17, ‘the flagpole kid’ is already a business success story
- Doctor appeals Medicaid, Medicare fraud conviction