Consultant recommends four wards for Diamondhead
Published: March 8,2012
DIAMONDHEAD — A consultant has proposed four wards for the newly incorporated city of Diamondhead in Hancock County.
Mayor Chuck Ingraham tells the Sea Coast Echo the draft map from Bridge and Watson of Oxford is step one of the election process of June 2013.
Ingraham says public hearings will be held on the proposed ward lines.
Each proposed ward is comprised of about 2,090 people.
Diamondhead incorporated in February. The incorporation ended a five-year legal battle for the area of about 9,500 residents to become a city.
The mayor and city council members will serve until elections are held in June 2013. Elected officials will serve for four years.
The city will operate under a council-manager form of government.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- David Duval, former British Open winner, joins Sanderson Farms field
- Court rules against Greenwood councilwoman; must give up office
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- Alcorn president launches new customer service task force
- Cochran continues to reach out to African American voters
- Turner Grain’s bankruptcy will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- Hole-by-hole look at Sanderson Farms Championship course at CCJ
- ‘Little Boogaloo’ Eden Brent happy singing the blues
- Senators write letter over Waters of the United States proposal