Consultant recommends four wards for Diamondhead
by Associated Press
Published: March 8,2012
DIAMONDHEAD — A consultant has proposed four wards for the newly incorporated city of Diamondhead in Hancock County.
Mayor Chuck Ingraham tells the Sea Coast Echo the draft map from Bridge and Watson of Oxford is step one of the election process of June 2013.
Ingraham says public hearings will be held on the proposed ward lines.
Each proposed ward is comprised of about 2,090 people.
Diamondhead incorporated in February. The incorporation ended a five-year legal battle for the area of about 9,500 residents to become a city.
The mayor and city council members will serve until elections are held in June 2013. Elected officials will serve for four years.
The city will operate under a council-manager form of government.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Family launches Billups Coffee with headquarters in Oxford
- Chris McDaniel responds to radio show audio clip
- ‘Just the beginning’ — Venture Technologies merging, acquiring companies
- Man indicted, accused of bankruptcy fraud
- Running luxury car dealerships, like Mercedes of Jackson, comes naturally to Trudy Higginbotham Moody
- Grenada native Donna Tartt wins Pulitzer Prize for 'The Goldfinch'
- TODD SMITH — Taco Bell and McDonalds take breakfast war viral; how to write killer news releases and more
- Chaney drops lawsuit against National Flood Insurance Program
- Fight between county, insurer over courthouse fire continues
- Judge to rule on release of Kemper power plant data