Consultant recommends four wards for Diamondhead
Published: March 8,2012
DIAMONDHEAD — A consultant has proposed four wards for the newly incorporated city of Diamondhead in Hancock County.
Mayor Chuck Ingraham tells the Sea Coast Echo the draft map from Bridge and Watson of Oxford is step one of the election process of June 2013.
Ingraham says public hearings will be held on the proposed ward lines.
Each proposed ward is comprised of about 2,090 people.
Diamondhead incorporated in February. The incorporation ended a five-year legal battle for the area of about 9,500 residents to become a city.
The mayor and city council members will serve until elections are held in June 2013. Elected officials will serve for four years.
The city will operate under a council-manager form of government.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Mad Genius, Eyevox owner acquires Mississippi Film Studios
- UPDATE — David Watkins says JRA left him in dark about HUD's Farish St. involvement
- Grain buyer’s bankruptcy could take steep toll on Delta farmers
- Payday lender, fired executive exchanging blame for lender’s regulatory woes
- UMMC reaching out after death of high school football player
- Fitch gives Mississippi Power a negative outlook due to Kemper plant
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- Report: Mississippi has worst child poverty rate in U.S.
- UPDATED: Jackson agrees to repay HUD $1.5 million for Farish Street blunders