Alabama engineering firm opens office in Capital City
by MBJ Staff
Published: March 10,2012
JACKSON — The engineering firm Volkert Inc. has opened an office in Jackson. The Mobile, Ala.-based firm has over 600 employees and operates 21 offices in 11 states and the District of Columbia.
Volkert vice president Darrell Broome, who joined the firm in 2011, is managing the Jackson office. Prior to that, he worked for the Mississippi Department of Transportation for over 26 years. In his last 11 years as an MDOT district engineer he directed all administrative, maintenance and construction activities.
Volkert provides infrastructure engineering and design services throughout the Southeast, Mid-Atlantic and Midwest U.S. In 2010, it was ranked 116th in the Engineering News Record Top 500 Engineering Firms nationally.
“Our presence and relationships in Mississippi have been growing since Volkert first entered this market in 2004,” said president and CEO Perry Hand.
Broome will be supported by a staff offering a full range of engineering design (roadways, bridges, airports, seaports, water/wastewater, and electrical), construction/program management, construction engineering and inspection, environmental engineering, bridge inspection, real estate, QA/QC as well as emergency preparedness and recovery services.
The Jackson office is located at 111 East Capitol Street, Suite 270B.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Brandon man hauls in record 756-pound alligator
- McDaniel delays decision on whether to appeal dismissal of lawsuit
- More than a dozen school districts sue state over funding
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- Is cotton looking too good? Farmers facing weaker prices
- Jackson to get C Spire's high-speed internet
- New York firm buying majority interest in Tupelo mall, shopping center
- Bryant issues executive order to establish Delta water task force