Alabama engineering firm opens office in Capital City
by MBJ Staff
Published: March 10,2012
JACKSON — The engineering firm Volkert Inc. has opened an office in Jackson. The Mobile, Ala.-based firm has over 600 employees and operates 21 offices in 11 states and the District of Columbia.
Volkert vice president Darrell Broome, who joined the firm in 2011, is managing the Jackson office. Prior to that, he worked for the Mississippi Department of Transportation for over 26 years. In his last 11 years as an MDOT district engineer he directed all administrative, maintenance and construction activities.
Volkert provides infrastructure engineering and design services throughout the Southeast, Mid-Atlantic and Midwest U.S. In 2010, it was ranked 116th in the Engineering News Record Top 500 Engineering Firms nationally.
“Our presence and relationships in Mississippi have been growing since Volkert first entered this market in 2004,” said president and CEO Perry Hand.
Broome will be supported by a staff offering a full range of engineering design (roadways, bridges, airports, seaports, water/wastewater, and electrical), construction/program management, construction engineering and inspection, environmental engineering, bridge inspection, real estate, QA/QC as well as emergency preparedness and recovery services.
The Jackson office is located at 111 East Capitol Street, Suite 270B.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Chris McDaniel gets a thank you note from Travis Childers
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- UPDATED: House subcommittee tosses discrimination elements from religious freedom bill
- Quapaw Canoe Company gains legislative support in battle with tax department
- States settle with manufacturers in DRAM price-fixing case
- The link between education and economic development
- Reactive Surfaces files lawsuit against Toyota in patent dispute
- Navy supercomputing power to grow
- Irby commits suicide after wife's prison release