Alabama engineering firm opens office in Capital City
by MBJ Staff
Published: March 10,2012
JACKSON — The engineering firm Volkert Inc. has opened an office in Jackson. The Mobile, Ala.-based firm has over 600 employees and operates 21 offices in 11 states and the District of Columbia.
Volkert vice president Darrell Broome, who joined the firm in 2011, is managing the Jackson office. Prior to that, he worked for the Mississippi Department of Transportation for over 26 years. In his last 11 years as an MDOT district engineer he directed all administrative, maintenance and construction activities.
Volkert provides infrastructure engineering and design services throughout the Southeast, Mid-Atlantic and Midwest U.S. In 2010, it was ranked 116th in the Engineering News Record Top 500 Engineering Firms nationally.
“Our presence and relationships in Mississippi have been growing since Volkert first entered this market in 2004,” said president and CEO Perry Hand.
Broome will be supported by a staff offering a full range of engineering design (roadways, bridges, airports, seaports, water/wastewater, and electrical), construction/program management, construction engineering and inspection, environmental engineering, bridge inspection, real estate, QA/QC as well as emergency preparedness and recovery services.
The Jackson office is located at 111 East Capitol Street, Suite 270B.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Venture Tech merges with ISC, acquires SAT
- PSC's Brandon Presley calls in-state nuclear waste dump a 'harebrained scheme'
- Georgia-Pacific completes acquisition of SPG Holdings
- Corps official: River needs larger ports, locks and dams
- Community Bank names new officers
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- Retired judge to hear McDaniel's challenge of primary loss to Cochran
- C Spire, UM installing Wi-Fi network at Vaught-Hemingway Stadium
- Southern Bancorp to acquire Bank of Bolivar County