Alabama engineering firm opens office in Capital City
by MBJ Staff
Published: March 10,2012
JACKSON — The engineering firm Volkert Inc. has opened an office in Jackson. The Mobile, Ala.-based firm has over 600 employees and operates 21 offices in 11 states and the District of Columbia.
Volkert vice president Darrell Broome, who joined the firm in 2011, is managing the Jackson office. Prior to that, he worked for the Mississippi Department of Transportation for over 26 years. In his last 11 years as an MDOT district engineer he directed all administrative, maintenance and construction activities.
Volkert provides infrastructure engineering and design services throughout the Southeast, Mid-Atlantic and Midwest U.S. In 2010, it was ranked 116th in the Engineering News Record Top 500 Engineering Firms nationally.
“Our presence and relationships in Mississippi have been growing since Volkert first entered this market in 2004,” said president and CEO Perry Hand.
Broome will be supported by a staff offering a full range of engineering design (roadways, bridges, airports, seaports, water/wastewater, and electrical), construction/program management, construction engineering and inspection, environmental engineering, bridge inspection, real estate, QA/QC as well as emergency preparedness and recovery services.
The Jackson office is located at 111 East Capitol Street, Suite 270B.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- New Mississippi state highway map is available for the public
- DAVID DALLAS: Who in the Hell are We?
- Tanger Outlets involved in Southaven project
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Ikea confirms plan for Memphis store
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- Ingalls to lease former SRHS clinic in Gautier for employee medical center
- McCrory joins Epps in asking for trial delay
- Former Lane Furniture plant sold for $1.45 million