AMA recognizes Shirley
by MBJ Staff
Published: March 11,2012
The American Medical Association Foundation has honored the work of Dr. Aaron Shirley, founder of the Jackson Medical Mall and chairman of the board of directors for the Jackson Medical Mall Foundation. Presented in association with Pfizer Inc., the AMA Foundation’s Excellence in Medicine Awards recognize physicians who are committed to community service and improving access to health care on a local or international level.
Shirley has dedicated his career to serving the rural and urban poor throughout the Mississippi Delta. He was pivotal in creating the Jackson Medical Mall Foundation in 1995.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- BILL CRAWFORD: Dan Jones not the angel he is portrayed to be
- JOSH MABUS: Bill Murray and business misfits
- The Dan Jones-IHL saga: Is this the story that started it all?
- Analysis: Closed meetings can feed false public impressions
- DAVID DALLAS — From Dan and Dixie with love
- Email from Nash to Delta Council’s Morgan included in DHA court file
- Lawmakers move on bonds despite complaints from colleges and universities
- Bill would use casino taxes for bridges, little for tourism
- Cal-Maine income skyrockets as prices rise and costs shrink