AMA recognizes Shirley
by MBJ Staff
Published: March 11,2012
The American Medical Association Foundation has honored the work of Dr. Aaron Shirley, founder of the Jackson Medical Mall and chairman of the board of directors for the Jackson Medical Mall Foundation. Presented in association with Pfizer Inc., the AMA Foundation’s Excellence in Medicine Awards recognize physicians who are committed to community service and improving access to health care on a local or international level.
Shirley has dedicated his career to serving the rural and urban poor throughout the Mississippi Delta. He was pivotal in creating the Jackson Medical Mall Foundation in 1995.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- TECH 21 — Mississippi's most wanted in technology
- Circuit clerks question how to get records to McDaniel's trial
- PEDIGREE dog food recalled; might contain metal fragments
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- R.J. Allen ranked as fastest-growing company in Mississippi
- Judicial candidates put on ballot after rejection of challenges
- Tragedy for Jackson Prep: Football player Walker Wilbanks dies
- DAVID DALLAS — Mississippi needs one university
- MSU receives funding for two proposals aimed at boosting NASA missions