AMA recognizes Shirley
by MBJ Staff
Published: March 11,2012
The American Medical Association Foundation has honored the work of Dr. Aaron Shirley, founder of the Jackson Medical Mall and chairman of the board of directors for the Jackson Medical Mall Foundation. Presented in association with Pfizer Inc., the AMA Foundation’s Excellence in Medicine Awards recognize physicians who are committed to community service and improving access to health care on a local or international level.
Shirley has dedicated his career to serving the rural and urban poor throughout the Mississippi Delta. He was pivotal in creating the Jackson Medical Mall Foundation in 1995.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- White House hotel making comeback in Biloxi
- Supreme Court deals blow to McDaniel's election challenge
- Guns OK inside Mississippi polling places, attorney general says
- Baseball stadium for Farish Street? It’s possible
- McCarthy hired as CFO of Mississippi Development Authority
- 'Get on Up' movie premiers in Madison with Chadwick Boseman and Tate Taylor walking the red carpet
- Bryant protests immigrant children being housed in state
- Gunn, Reeves introduce performance-based budget plan
- State GOP chairman calls on McDaniel to hurry with challenge
- Three indicted, alleged to have embezzled from agency