AMA recognizes Shirley
by MBJ Staff
Published: March 11,2012
The American Medical Association Foundation has honored the work of Dr. Aaron Shirley, founder of the Jackson Medical Mall and chairman of the board of directors for the Jackson Medical Mall Foundation. Presented in association with Pfizer Inc., the AMA Foundation’s Excellence in Medicine Awards recognize physicians who are committed to community service and improving access to health care on a local or international level.
Shirley has dedicated his career to serving the rural and urban poor throughout the Mississippi Delta. He was pivotal in creating the Jackson Medical Mall Foundation in 1995.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Hood clarifies opinion on open-carry gun law
- IKE TROTTER: There are primary changes in Social Security for 2014
- Expert on airlines predicts Jackson-Evers will keep remaining carriers
- C Spire launches next phase of 1-gig service rollout
- MAN OF STEEL: Madhu Ranade leading Severstal Columbus
- Court to hear case involving alligators and ExxonMobil
- Town given Obamacare insurance break, but faces additional costs in 2015
- Officials hand mayor projects list totaling $57.7M
- Alcorn's finances being investigated; CFO resigns
- Public meeting called to mull future of convention center