AMA recognizes Shirley
by MBJ Staff
Published: March 11,2012
The American Medical Association Foundation has honored the work of Dr. Aaron Shirley, founder of the Jackson Medical Mall and chairman of the board of directors for the Jackson Medical Mall Foundation. Presented in association with Pfizer Inc., the AMA Foundation’s Excellence in Medicine Awards recognize physicians who are committed to community service and improving access to health care on a local or international level.
Shirley has dedicated his career to serving the rural and urban poor throughout the Mississippi Delta. He was pivotal in creating the Jackson Medical Mall Foundation in 1995.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- ANITA MODAK-TRURAN — Mississippi’s motion picture renaissance
- Jackson’s Landmark Center slated for mixed-use conversion
- WRESTLING SUCCESS — Ted DiBiase Jr. leaves ring to become entrepreneur
- Race to the pump: Feds appear ready to beat state on new gas taxes
- Senate transportation chair seeks emergency money for roads, bridges
- 3 dozen groups OK'd for Miss. specialty car tags
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- Challenging times ahead for Pearl’s manufactured home residents, apartment complex owners
- Irby commits suicide after wife's prison release