BKD hires interns
by MBJ Staff
Published: March 11,2012
Tags: BKD LLP, Briana Ricker, Gwinyai J. Beta, Jackson State University, Mississippi, Mississippi Business Journal, Mississippi College, Mississippi Soccer Association, National Association of Black Accountants, Sawyer T. Smith, University of Zimbabwe Medical School, Who's Who Among Students in American Universities and Colleges
BKD, LLP has added interns in its Jackson and Oxford offices.
Gwinyai J. Beta graduated summa cum laude from Jackson State University in December 2011 where he earned a bachelor’s degree in accounting. He joins BKD this spring as an intern in the Jackson office’s tax department. Beta is a citizen of Zimbabwe and came to the United States in 2007. While in Zimbabwe, Beta attended the University of Zimbabwe Medical School. After interning with BKD, he plans to pursue his master’s degree in the fall of 2012. Beta is a member of the National Association of Black Accountants. He is also an active volunteer in SHAPE Zimbabwe and the Mississippi Soccer Association.
Briana M. Ricker is currently attending Mississippi College where she will receive a bachelor’s degree in business administration in December 2012. She is interning in the Jackson office’s tax department this spring. Ricker is a member of Alpha Chi, Laguna Social Tribe and is currently serving as president of Delta Mu Delta. She is active on the Dean’s Student Advisory Board and was also selected as Who’s Who Among Students in American Universities and Colleges.
Sawyer T. Smith is currently attending Mississippi College where he will receive a bachelor’s degree in business administration in May 2013. He is interning in the Jackson office’s tax department this spring. Smith is a member of Civitan Men’s Club and is currently serving as junior student senator at Mississippi College. He is also an active member of Mississippi College’s Sporting Clays Team and serves as team captain. In May 2010, Smith traveled to Sudan, Africa, as a missionary to help organize and plant churches in and around African villages.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Prescription for success — Transcript Pharmacy continues fast growth
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- MSU researchers develop timber-management software
- New law on taxing methods hailed as big win for businesses
- Panther Creek megasite — Putting a value proposition out there
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- BBB issues warning involving asphalt paving scam
- Running luxury car dealerships, like Mercedes of Jackson, comes naturally to Trudy Higginbotham Moody
- Baker Donelson's David A. Rueff Jr. co-authors guide
- Panther Creek's location in medical industry zone boosts bio-med prospects