County chooses Garrod
by MBJ Staff
Published: March 11,2012
After months of searching, the DeSoto County Board of Supervisors has named consultant Ted Garrod of Kissimmee, Fla., as county planning director. The Commercial Appeal reports Garrod recently retired after 27 years working for Osceola County in central Florida.
County administrator Michael Garriga cited Garrod’s “wealth of knowledge” as a major reason he was chosen out of 41 applicants. Garrod will oversee day-to-day tasks such as building permits and the Environmental Services unit, which deals with sanitation, recycling, code enforcement and stormwater issues. He will meet regularly with the Planning Commission and take zoning and conditional-use appeals before the supervisors.
Garrod will also take on long-term projects, such as the pivotal Interstate 69/269 International Trade Corridor study and area transit proposals.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- The Dan Jones-IHL saga: Is this the story that started it all?
- Dan Jones rejects IHL offer, won't publicly apologize
- Email from Nash to Delta Council’s Morgan included in DHA court file
- BREAKING NEWS: Trustees offer new deal to Ole Miss chancellor Dan Jones
- Suit against Kemper employee Brett Wingo is dismissed
- Ole Miss chancellor: Talks continue over job status
- DAVID DALLAS — From Dan and Dixie with love
- Delta Health Alliance CEO Karen Fox under investigation for possible misuse of funds
- Law to bolster utilities’ economic development efforts gets mixed reactions