County chooses Garrod
by MBJ Staff
Published: March 11,2012
After months of searching, the DeSoto County Board of Supervisors has named consultant Ted Garrod of Kissimmee, Fla., as county planning director. The Commercial Appeal reports Garrod recently retired after 27 years working for Osceola County in central Florida.
County administrator Michael Garriga cited Garrod’s “wealth of knowledge” as a major reason he was chosen out of 41 applicants. Garrod will oversee day-to-day tasks such as building permits and the Environmental Services unit, which deals with sanitation, recycling, code enforcement and stormwater issues. He will meet regularly with the Planning Commission and take zoning and conditional-use appeals before the supervisors.
Garrod will also take on long-term projects, such as the pivotal Interstate 69/269 International Trade Corridor study and area transit proposals.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Voters to decide whether hunting, fishing is constitutional right
- DAVID DALLAS: You say “Obama”, I say “Ebola”
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Andrew Adams helps grow Addicus
- Dak Prescott's autograph fetches a pretty penny
- Grand juries charge seven with election violations
- MISSISSIPPI RISING: Time to sell the image
- Butler Snow names Crockoft new office director
- Farm theft investigation recovers $200K in stolen equipment
- Judge gets more time to fight efforts to remove him from office