County chooses Garrod
by MBJ Staff
Published: March 11,2012
After months of searching, the DeSoto County Board of Supervisors has named consultant Ted Garrod of Kissimmee, Fla., as county planning director. The Commercial Appeal reports Garrod recently retired after 27 years working for Osceola County in central Florida.
County administrator Michael Garriga cited Garrod’s “wealth of knowledge” as a major reason he was chosen out of 41 applicants. Garrod will oversee day-to-day tasks such as building permits and the Environmental Services unit, which deals with sanitation, recycling, code enforcement and stormwater issues. He will meet regularly with the Planning Commission and take zoning and conditional-use appeals before the supervisors.
Garrod will also take on long-term projects, such as the pivotal Interstate 69/269 International Trade Corridor study and area transit proposals.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- UPDATED: House subcommittee tosses discrimination elements from religious freedom bill
- Chris McDaniel gets a thank you note from Travis Childers
- Lawmakers debating alternative to Medicaid expansion
- States settle with manufacturers in DRAM price-fixing case
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- Reactive Surfaces files lawsuit against Toyota in patent dispute
- Senate passes teacher pay raise legislation
- Pickering collects more money from failed beef plant project
- White House hotel making comeback in Biloxi