County chooses Garrod
by MBJ Staff
Published: March 11,2012
After months of searching, the DeSoto County Board of Supervisors has named consultant Ted Garrod of Kissimmee, Fla., as county planning director. The Commercial Appeal reports Garrod recently retired after 27 years working for Osceola County in central Florida.
County administrator Michael Garriga cited Garrod’s “wealth of knowledge” as a major reason he was chosen out of 41 applicants. Garrod will oversee day-to-day tasks such as building permits and the Environmental Services unit, which deals with sanitation, recycling, code enforcement and stormwater issues. He will meet regularly with the Planning Commission and take zoning and conditional-use appeals before the supervisors.
Garrod will also take on long-term projects, such as the pivotal Interstate 69/269 International Trade Corridor study and area transit proposals.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Miss. surgeon sentenced in tax evasion case
- MBJ exclusive: Jackson’s new airport CEO fulfills desire to taking on the top job
- WILLOUGHBY: Mayo Flynt leads AT&T Mississippi by enjoying both work and workers
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Gary Herring building tomorrow by educating today
- J.McLaughlin to open in Highland Village next spring
- 'Blue Economy' important for Mississippi's future
- Hyatt-Place is Columbus’ newest hotel option