UPS honors drivers
by MBJ Staff
Published: March 11,2012
UPS has recognized 11 drivers from Mississippi by inducting them into the Circle of Honor, an honorary organization for UPS drivers who have achieved 25 or more years of accident-free driving.
Mississippi boasts 80 active Circle of Honor drivers with a combined 2,301 years of accident-free driving. Merriel Torrey of Utica is Mississippi’s senior safe driver, with 39 years of accident-free driving under his belt. There are 672 total UPS drivers in Mississippi.
Mississippi drivers inducted this year are: William Arnold of Madison; William Barnett of Olive Branch; Charles Cain of Banner; George Daniels of Crystal Springs; Ernest Davis of Jackson; Ronald Goforth of Batesville; David Martin of Moss Point; Timothy Meyer of Waveland; Richard Riggins of Ocean Springs; Kim Sanford of Moselle; and, Robert Warren of Baldwyn.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- TECH 21 — Mississippi's most wanted in technology
- Circuit clerks question how to get records to McDaniel's trial
- PEDIGREE dog food recalled; might contain metal fragments
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- R.J. Allen ranked as fastest-growing company in Mississippi
- Judicial candidates put on ballot after rejection of challenges
- Tragedy for Jackson Prep: Football player Walker Wilbanks dies
- DAVID DALLAS — Mississippi needs one university
- MSU receives funding for two proposals aimed at boosting NASA missions