BI-LO completes acquisition of Winn-Dixie stores
by MBJ Staff
Published: March 13,2012
JACKSONVILLE, Fla. — BI-LO, LLC has successfully completed its merger with Winn-Dixie Stores Inc. following approval of the transaction by Winn-Dixie shareholders March 9.
All Winn-Dixie stockholders will be eligible to receive $9.50 per share in cash for each share of common stock held, for a total purchase price of $560 million.
As a result of the merger, BI-LO and Winn-Dixie are now subsidiaries of the privately held parent company, BI-LO Holding, which encompasses 688 grocery stores and 63,000 team members in eight states throughout the Southeast. BI-LO and Winn-Dixie will continue to operate under their banners. The company does not expect any store closures as a result of this combination.
The company will eventually be headquartered in Jacksonville, Fla.
On Dec. 19, 2011, BI-LO and Winn-Dixie announced that the companies had entered into a definitive agreement under which BI-LO would acquire all of the outstanding shares of Winn-Dixie stock at a price of $9.50 per share. As a result of the completion of the merger, Winn-Dixie’s common stock has been delisted from NASDAQ.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- WILLOUGHBY: Bernie Reed cites hard work as key to success of Reed’s Metals
- Half century of memories — Christmas on Deer Creek to celebrate 50th anniversary
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- Ex-MDEQ leader Fisher joins Butler Snow
- Former MDEQ Executive Director Trudy Fisher joins Butler Snow
- Federal appeals court: State's abortion law is unconstitutional
- Can Metrocenter rise from the ashes? Again
- Gulf oil rig explosion kills one worker, injures three
- Hunting deer? There's an app for that