Chevron refinery dumps heavy oil into Gulf; no injuries
by Associated Press
Published: March 14,2012
PASCAGOULA — A line leak has released about 45 barrels of heavy oil into the water around Chevron Corp.’s Pascagoula refinery wharf.
The company says the spill occurred around 3:45 a.m. yesterday and specialized refinery teams have responded to the incident. Chevron officials say skimmer boats and oil absorbent boom have been deployed.
Officials say there is no danger to the community. There were no injuries.
They say federal, state, and local authorities have been notified.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Chris McDaniel gets a thank you note from Travis Childers
- Senate passes teacher pay raise legislation
- Lawmakers debating alternative to Medicaid expansion
- Pickering collects more money from failed beef plant project
- The First acquiring Alabama bank in cash/stock deal
- Todd Smith's Spin Cycle — Not milk! It’s end of era for milk industry’s iconic ‘Got Milk?’ campaign
- States settle with manufacturers in DRAM price-fixing case
- District at Eastover takes shape with financing in place, tenant signings under way
- MBJ's Businesswoman of the Year never expected her career to take this path
- Mississippi ag aviation plays a critical role in production and profitability