Chevron refinery dumps heavy oil into Gulf; no injuries
Published: March 14,2012
PASCAGOULA — A line leak has released about 45 barrels of heavy oil into the water around Chevron Corp.’s Pascagoula refinery wharf.
The company says the spill occurred around 3:45 a.m. yesterday and specialized refinery teams have responded to the incident. Chevron officials say skimmer boats and oil absorbent boom have been deployed.
Officials say there is no danger to the community. There were no injuries.
They say federal, state, and local authorities have been notified.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Travis retiring as head of Mississippi World Trade Center
- Pearl ordering rental properties to retrofit with sprinklers, build storm shelters
- Drew Brees settles lawsuit alleging investment fraud
- Court rules board can discipline West Virginia radiologist
- Deer processors need to use caution to insure safe, tasty venison
- Winchester lands $50M ammunition contract from Homeland Security
- Legislators begin work on FY2016 state budget
- Biloxi baseball project still alive but may be held for 2015
- Doctor convicted of using phony church for tax shelter