Chevron refinery dumps heavy oil into Gulf; no injuries
Published: March 14,2012
PASCAGOULA — A line leak has released about 45 barrels of heavy oil into the water around Chevron Corp.’s Pascagoula refinery wharf.
The company says the spill occurred around 3:45 a.m. yesterday and specialized refinery teams have responded to the incident. Chevron officials say skimmer boats and oil absorbent boom have been deployed.
Officials say there is no danger to the community. There were no injuries.
They say federal, state, and local authorities have been notified.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Oxford’s FNC getting new headquarters
- QUIRKY? NO, JERKY — Whatever your craving, Beef Jerky Outlets likely has the flavor among 200+ choices
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- TECH 21 — Mississippi's most wanted in technology
- Federal charges dropped against Shumate after guilty plea
- Cochran's attorneys argue for dismissal of McDaniel's lawsuit
- ALAN TURNER — The ‘Internet of things’ is focus of Camgian's Gary Butler
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY — State roots key to Edge Theory's Joe Stradinger
- MEMA warns of hottest temperatures of the year