Chevron refinery dumps heavy oil into Gulf; no injuries
Published: March 14,2012
PASCAGOULA — A line leak has released about 45 barrels of heavy oil into the water around Chevron Corp.’s Pascagoula refinery wharf.
The company says the spill occurred around 3:45 a.m. yesterday and specialized refinery teams have responded to the incident. Chevron officials say skimmer boats and oil absorbent boom have been deployed.
Officials say there is no danger to the community. There were no injuries.
They say federal, state, and local authorities have been notified.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- Brandon man hauls in record 756-pound alligator
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- MBJ Special report: MDA numbers help with cities’ retail pitches
- Is cotton looking too good? Farmers facing weaker prices
- COO of TL Wallace Construction keeps eye on revenue growth and profits
- Woman found guilty of murder in buttocks injection case
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years