Chevron refinery dumps heavy oil into Gulf; no injuries
Published: March 14,2012
PASCAGOULA — A line leak has released about 45 barrels of heavy oil into the water around Chevron Corp.’s Pascagoula refinery wharf.
The company says the spill occurred around 3:45 a.m. yesterday and specialized refinery teams have responded to the incident. Chevron officials say skimmer boats and oil absorbent boom have been deployed.
Officials say there is no danger to the community. There were no injuries.
They say federal, state, and local authorities have been notified.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS — Roger Wicker: Profile in discouragement
- BILL CRAWFORD — More jobs, but fewer with jobs, huh?
- Tommy Robertson indicted on five counts of embezzlement
- ANITA MODAK-TRURAN — Mississippi’s motion picture renaissance
- Despite obstacles, craft beer industry growing
- Jackson’s Landmark Center slated for mixed-use conversion
- Finding your flexible space — Regus banks on high demand for customizable work spaces
- Miss. children's hospital plans $150 million expansion
- State's ventures into alt-fuel markets net few jobs