Developer’s attorney says new casino proceeding; won’t be CanCan
Published: March 15,2012
D’IBERVILLE — An attorney representing the developer say a new casino is ready to proceed in D’Iberville.
The Sun Herald reports it will no longer be CanCan casino but it will be on the same site east of Interstate 110 on the Back Bay.
Michael McCabe, an attorney representing developer Land Holdings I LLC, says research is underway with focus groups and the casino name that is selected will have a Southern theme.
The resort will be built in stages. Phase I will include a 70,000-square-foot casino with 2,000 slot machines, 46 table games and 16 poker tables; a 480-room hotel with 200 suites, four restaurants, an entertainment bar, a spa and parking garage.
Phase II will add an adjacent 100,000-square-foot dining, shopping and entertainment complex with another 300-room hotel.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Alcorn president launches new customer service task force
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- David Duval, former British Open winner, joins Sanderson Farms field
- Court rules against Greenwood councilwoman; must give up office
- GreenTech holds grand opening of neighborhood electric vehicle plant
- Turner Grain’s bankruptcy will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- Cochran continues to reach out to African American voters
- Peoples Bank reports quarterly loss due to bad loans
- Senators write letter over Waters of the United States proposal