Developer’s attorney says new casino proceeding; won’t be CanCan
Published: March 15,2012
D’IBERVILLE — An attorney representing the developer say a new casino is ready to proceed in D’Iberville.
The Sun Herald reports it will no longer be CanCan casino but it will be on the same site east of Interstate 110 on the Back Bay.
Michael McCabe, an attorney representing developer Land Holdings I LLC, says research is underway with focus groups and the casino name that is selected will have a Southern theme.
The resort will be built in stages. Phase I will include a 70,000-square-foot casino with 2,000 slot machines, 46 table games and 16 poker tables; a 480-room hotel with 200 suites, four restaurants, an entertainment bar, a spa and parking garage.
Phase II will add an adjacent 100,000-square-foot dining, shopping and entertainment complex with another 300-room hotel.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- Tanger Outlets involved in Southaven project
- New Mississippi state highway map is available for the public
- Hyatt-Place is Columbus’ newest hotel option
- DAVID DALLAS: Who in the Hell are We?
- J.McLaughlin to open in Highland Village next spring
- MBJ exclusive: Jackson’s new airport CEO fulfills desire to taking on the top job
- Analysts hail BancorpSouth stock buyback as ‘handsome’ reward for shareholders