Developer’s attorney says new casino proceeding; won’t be CanCan
Published: March 15,2012
D’IBERVILLE — An attorney representing the developer say a new casino is ready to proceed in D’Iberville.
The Sun Herald reports it will no longer be CanCan casino but it will be on the same site east of Interstate 110 on the Back Bay.
Michael McCabe, an attorney representing developer Land Holdings I LLC, says research is underway with focus groups and the casino name that is selected will have a Southern theme.
The resort will be built in stages. Phase I will include a 70,000-square-foot casino with 2,000 slot machines, 46 table games and 16 poker tables; a 480-room hotel with 200 suites, four restaurants, an entertainment bar, a spa and parking garage.
Phase II will add an adjacent 100,000-square-foot dining, shopping and entertainment complex with another 300-room hotel.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- (UPDATE) Prison won’t interrupt ex-prison chief’s retirement cash flow
- Ex-prison boss and businessman admit to bribery scheme
- ASA postmortem: industrial recruiting is a constant cycle of death and life
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY — Doug Dale’s self-awareness helps lift him to top of his game
- JOSH MABUS — Inbound marketing is fueled by wishful thinking
- MBJ Business Woman of the Year Top 10
- (UPDATED — BREAKING NEWS) American Specialty Alloys won’t locate $1.2B mill in Mississippi
- 2014 a good year for filmmaking in Mississippi
- PHIL HARDWICK: When Bill Cooley talks, people listen