Developer’s attorney says new casino proceeding; won’t be CanCan
Published: March 15,2012
D’IBERVILLE — An attorney representing the developer say a new casino is ready to proceed in D’Iberville.
The Sun Herald reports it will no longer be CanCan casino but it will be on the same site east of Interstate 110 on the Back Bay.
Michael McCabe, an attorney representing developer Land Holdings I LLC, says research is underway with focus groups and the casino name that is selected will have a Southern theme.
The resort will be built in stages. Phase I will include a 70,000-square-foot casino with 2,000 slot machines, 46 table games and 16 poker tables; a 480-room hotel with 200 suites, four restaurants, an entertainment bar, a spa and parking garage.
Phase II will add an adjacent 100,000-square-foot dining, shopping and entertainment complex with another 300-room hotel.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- Brandon man hauls in record 756-pound alligator
- Is cotton looking too good? Farmers facing weaker prices
- Woman found guilty of murder in buttocks injection case
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- Mississippi judge dismisses lawsuit seeking to overturn Sen. Cochran's GOP primary win
- Healthcare Marketplace to look much the same in 2015