Developer’s attorney says new casino proceeding; won’t be CanCan
by Associated Press
Published: March 15,2012
D’IBERVILLE — An attorney representing the developer say a new casino is ready to proceed in D’Iberville.
The Sun Herald reports it will no longer be CanCan casino but it will be on the same site east of Interstate 110 on the Back Bay.
Michael McCabe, an attorney representing developer Land Holdings I LLC, says research is underway with focus groups and the casino name that is selected will have a Southern theme.
The resort will be built in stages. Phase I will include a 70,000-square-foot casino with 2,000 slot machines, 46 table games and 16 poker tables; a 480-room hotel with 200 suites, four restaurants, an entertainment bar, a spa and parking garage.
Phase II will add an adjacent 100,000-square-foot dining, shopping and entertainment complex with another 300-room hotel.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- George’s Girls put shopping skills to work
- Justice Department files complaint against tax preparer
- DMR pays accounting firm more than double contract's worth
- Following ruling, Entergy to hand over records to county
- Report: State's emergency care ranks highest in Southeast
- Boyd Gaming reports drop in in-state net revenue
- Union-restricting legislation moves forward
- Chris McDaniel gets a thank you note from Travis Childers
- USM staffers Olivia Hurst and Catherine Lott recognized by Public Relations Association of Mississippi