Board selects Loden
by MBJ Staff
Published: March 18,2012
The board of trustees of the Tupelo Public School District voted unanimously to name Hubert Gearl Loden, Ph.D., superintendent of the Tupelo Public School District. He currently serves as superintendent of the Amory School District.
Loden attended Itawamba Community College, Delta State University and the University of Mississippi where he received his doctorate of philosophy degree in educational leadership. He has ties with Mississippi State University, serving as adjunct faculty in the MSU Educational Leadership program.
He taught social studies and coached junior high girls basketball at Kosciusko Middle School beginning in 1994, held a similar position in Tupelo, was middle school assistant principal in Oxford, elementary school principal in Houston, executive director of human resources in Meridian and principal of South Panola High School.
Loden is married and the father of two boys, ages 10 and 3.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- WILLOUGHBY: Bernie Reed cites hard work as key to success of Reed’s Metals
- Half century of memories — Christmas on Deer Creek to celebrate 50th anniversary
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- Ex-MDEQ leader Fisher joins Butler Snow
- Former MDEQ Executive Director Trudy Fisher joins Butler Snow
- Federal appeals court: State's abortion law is unconstitutional
- Can Metrocenter rise from the ashes? Again
- Gulf oil rig explosion kills one worker, injures three
- Court hits David Watkins with $600,000 order over Retro Metro issues