Board selects Loden
by MBJ Staff
Published: March 18,2012
The board of trustees of the Tupelo Public School District voted unanimously to name Hubert Gearl Loden, Ph.D., superintendent of the Tupelo Public School District. He currently serves as superintendent of the Amory School District.
Loden attended Itawamba Community College, Delta State University and the University of Mississippi where he received his doctorate of philosophy degree in educational leadership. He has ties with Mississippi State University, serving as adjunct faculty in the MSU Educational Leadership program.
He taught social studies and coached junior high girls basketball at Kosciusko Middle School beginning in 1994, held a similar position in Tupelo, was middle school assistant principal in Oxford, elementary school principal in Houston, executive director of human resources in Meridian and principal of South Panola High School.
Loden is married and the father of two boys, ages 10 and 3.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Judge to hear from True the Vote as McDaniel attempts to overturn loss to Cochran
- DAVID DALLAS: Mr. McDaniel goes to Washington
- Under state probe, All American Check Cashing gets ‘F’ rating from Better Business Bureau
- Walker sentenced to 18 months for fraud, conspiracy
- Three indicted, alleged to have embezzled from agency
- Weyerhaeuser investing $57M to modernize lumber mill
- Manning family establishes health care initiative at UMMC
- Google chooses Mad Genius as example of Internet use
- Communities awarded national Main Street accreditation