Board selects Loden
by MBJ Staff
Published: March 18,2012
The board of trustees of the Tupelo Public School District voted unanimously to name Hubert Gearl Loden, Ph.D., superintendent of the Tupelo Public School District. He currently serves as superintendent of the Amory School District.
Loden attended Itawamba Community College, Delta State University and the University of Mississippi where he received his doctorate of philosophy degree in educational leadership. He has ties with Mississippi State University, serving as adjunct faculty in the MSU Educational Leadership program.
He taught social studies and coached junior high girls basketball at Kosciusko Middle School beginning in 1994, held a similar position in Tupelo, was middle school assistant principal in Oxford, elementary school principal in Houston, executive director of human resources in Meridian and principal of South Panola High School.
Loden is married and the father of two boys, ages 10 and 3.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Fervor grows for Tuscaloosa Marine Shale
- Nullification and interposition
- Court rules in clinic dispute involving St. Dominic, HMA
- TROTTER: Social security claiming strategies
- District at Eastover construction to start later this year
- Commission eyeing unauthorized changes to historic structures
- With no interim, board begins hunt for MVSU president
- Small business owners take picture perfect advantages with Instagram
- Click Boutique revives Hattiesburg downtown retail district