Board selects Loden
by MBJ Staff
Published: March 18,2012
The board of trustees of the Tupelo Public School District voted unanimously to name Hubert Gearl Loden, Ph.D., superintendent of the Tupelo Public School District. He currently serves as superintendent of the Amory School District.
Loden attended Itawamba Community College, Delta State University and the University of Mississippi where he received his doctorate of philosophy degree in educational leadership. He has ties with Mississippi State University, serving as adjunct faculty in the MSU Educational Leadership program.
He taught social studies and coached junior high girls basketball at Kosciusko Middle School beginning in 1994, held a similar position in Tupelo, was middle school assistant principal in Oxford, elementary school principal in Houston, executive director of human resources in Meridian and principal of South Panola High School.
Loden is married and the father of two boys, ages 10 and 3.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- HUNTER ARNOLD: Mississippi, Gulf Coast states focus on global business markets
- Ridgeland property rights tussle is expected to have wide impact
- BILL CRAWFORD: Keep schools free from preventable diseases
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- Report ranks state schools' performance 51st in the nation
- JOSH MABUS — Mississippi’s Healthcare: Not a quality problem, a marketing problem
- The leadership styles of President Obama
- PHIL HARDWICK: When will Mississippi change its culture?
- Host families prepare for Mississippi Braves’ season