Dunnaway replaces Kennedy
by MBJ Staff
Published: March 18,2012
Debbie Dunnaway of Hernando is the new director of DeSoto County’s Emergency E-911 system.
The Commercial Appeal reports the longtime assistant has been promoted to the post vacated in August by the retirement of her boss, Jesse Kennedy.
Kennedy, who retired at 78, started with the county Communications District in 1990 and was its only employee until 1999.
Dunnaway will oversee all contracts and ensure the district is in compliance with all regulations and statutes, including maintaining files related to FCC licensing of radio frequencies. E-911 operates five dispatch centers, one in each of DeSoto County’s five municipalities, and four communications towers, in Olive Branch, Southaven, Hernando and near Nesbit.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Barbour to lead Butler Snow economic development firm
- (UPDATE) Prison won’t interrupt ex-prison chief’s retirement cash flow
- Delta State conference brings renowned speakers
- Kemper plant employee gag order continued
- (UPDATE) Judge rules on Google request on attorney general inquiry
- The leadership styles of President Obama
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY — Doug Dale’s self-awareness helps lift him to top of his game
- Ex-prison boss and businessman admit to bribery scheme
- Analysis: Lawmakers squabble over election-year tax cuts