Dunnaway replaces Kennedy
by MBJ Staff
Published: March 18,2012
Debbie Dunnaway of Hernando is the new director of DeSoto County’s Emergency E-911 system.
The Commercial Appeal reports the longtime assistant has been promoted to the post vacated in August by the retirement of her boss, Jesse Kennedy.
Kennedy, who retired at 78, started with the county Communications District in 1990 and was its only employee until 1999.
Dunnaway will oversee all contracts and ensure the district is in compliance with all regulations and statutes, including maintaining files related to FCC licensing of radio frequencies. E-911 operates five dispatch centers, one in each of DeSoto County’s five municipalities, and four communications towers, in Olive Branch, Southaven, Hernando and near Nesbit.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Spivey named Under 40 Business Person of the Year by the Mississippi Business Journal
- JACK WEATHERLY: Finding a house, defending a neighborhood, finding a voice
- Top 40 Under 40
- Bids on reworking Interstate 55 stretch are rejected
- Terminal upgrade on indefinite hold at Jackson International Airport
- JACK WEATHERLY: Economic development in these parts is a ‘family’ business
- CFPB wants repay ability at center of new payday loan rules
- MDA to close all its regional offices
- Top 40 Under 40 (digital magazine)