Dunnaway replaces Kennedy
by MBJ Staff
Published: March 18,2012
Debbie Dunnaway of Hernando is the new director of DeSoto County’s Emergency E-911 system.
The Commercial Appeal reports the longtime assistant has been promoted to the post vacated in August by the retirement of her boss, Jesse Kennedy.
Kennedy, who retired at 78, started with the county Communications District in 1990 and was its only employee until 1999.
Dunnaway will oversee all contracts and ensure the district is in compliance with all regulations and statutes, including maintaining files related to FCC licensing of radio frequencies. E-911 operates five dispatch centers, one in each of DeSoto County’s five municipalities, and four communications towers, in Olive Branch, Southaven, Hernando and near Nesbit.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Chris McDaniel gets a thank you note from Travis Childers
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- UPDATED: House subcommittee tosses discrimination elements from religious freedom bill
- States settle with manufacturers in DRAM price-fixing case
- Quapaw Canoe Company gains legislative support in battle with tax department
- Reactive Surfaces files lawsuit against Toyota in patent dispute
- The link between education and economic development
- District at Eastover takes shape with financing in place, tenant signings under way
- Expeditors working out logistics to open Jackson office next month