Extension welcomes Stafne
by MBJ Staff
Published: March 18,2012
Tags: Eric Stafne, Mississippi, Mississippi Business Journal, Mississippi State University Extension Service, MSU Coastal Research & Extension Center, Oklahoma State University, Poplarville, University of Arkansas
Mississippi State University’s Extension Service has hired Eric Stafne as the assistant Extension professor of fruit crops. He is located at MSU’s Coastal Research and Extension Center in Poplarville.
After earning a bachelor’s degree from Michigan State University in forestry, Stafne received his master’s in horticulture and doctorate in plant science, both from the University of Arkansas. From 2005 until November 2011, he worked for Oklahoma State University’s Department of Horticulture as the state specialist for fruit crops. He has worked with a variety of different fruit crops, as well as pecans.
Patricia Knight, head of the Coastal Research and Extension Center, said Stafne has significant experience communicating with horticultural audiences and will work closely with fruit growers across the state.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Judge intends to rule on McDaniel's challenge before general election
- Oxford’s FNC getting new headquarters
- (UPDATE) I-20 partially closed as vehicle carrying hazardous materials burns
- Coast family wins $644K in tideland lawsuit against state
- QUIRKY? NO, JERKY — Whatever your craving, Beef Jerky Outlets likely has the flavor among 200+ choices
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- Corps official: River needs larger ports, locks and dams
- C Spire, UM installing Wi-Fi network at Vaught-Hemingway Stadium
- Community Bank, Pinnacle Trust ink new agreement