Jones named director
by MBJ Staff
Published: March 18,2012
Henry L. Jones II has been named director of Mississippi State University‘s recently launched Center for Battlefield Innovation, also known as Battle Forge. Headquartered in Vicksburg, the new center is a collaboration between the land-grant institution and the defense contractor Mav6. Jones will also serve as chief technology officer for Mav6, LLC.
Jones has an extensive track record of accomplishments with several successful technology companies in the defense, disaster response, finance and energy industries. He is a 1995 graduate of the University of Mississippi, where he earned a bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering. He earned a master’s degree and his Ph.D. in aeronautics and astronautics from Stanford University.
In his new role, Jones will work with Major Gen. Buford “Buff” Blount, U.S. Army (retired), co-founder and chairman of Mav6 to leverage Battle Forge as an economic development engine for the state of Mississippi.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS: Who in the Hell are We?
- New Mississippi state highway map is available for the public
- Ikea confirms plan for Memphis store
- Former Lane Furniture plant sold for $1.45 million
- BILL CRAWFORD: Lowest Common Denominators, Politicians, and Common Core
- Grenada plastics company to expand, add 60 jobs
- Ingalls to lease former SRHS clinic in Gautier for employee medical center
- Tanger Outlets involved in Southaven project
- Former Harrison County utility chief indicted on federal charges