Jones named director
by MBJ Staff
Published: March 18,2012
Henry L. Jones II has been named director of Mississippi State University‘s recently launched Center for Battlefield Innovation, also known as Battle Forge. Headquartered in Vicksburg, the new center is a collaboration between the land-grant institution and the defense contractor Mav6. Jones will also serve as chief technology officer for Mav6, LLC.
Jones has an extensive track record of accomplishments with several successful technology companies in the defense, disaster response, finance and energy industries. He is a 1995 graduate of the University of Mississippi, where he earned a bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering. He earned a master’s degree and his Ph.D. in aeronautics and astronautics from Stanford University.
In his new role, Jones will work with Major Gen. Buford “Buff” Blount, U.S. Army (retired), co-founder and chairman of Mav6 to leverage Battle Forge as an economic development engine for the state of Mississippi.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Chris McDaniel gets a thank you note from Travis Childers
- Senate passes teacher pay raise legislation
- The First acquiring Alabama bank in cash/stock deal
- Pickering collects more money from failed beef plant project
- Lawmakers debating alternative to Medicaid expansion
- Todd Smith's Spin Cycle — Not milk! It’s end of era for milk industry’s iconic ‘Got Milk?’ campaign
- States settle with manufacturers in DRAM price-fixing case
- District at Eastover takes shape with financing in place, tenant signings under way
- MBJ's Businesswoman of the Year never expected her career to take this path
- Mississippi ag aviation plays a critical role in production and profitability