Jones named director
by MBJ Staff
Published: March 18,2012
Henry L. Jones II has been named director of Mississippi State University‘s recently launched Center for Battlefield Innovation, also known as Battle Forge. Headquartered in Vicksburg, the new center is a collaboration between the land-grant institution and the defense contractor Mav6. Jones will also serve as chief technology officer for Mav6, LLC.
Jones has an extensive track record of accomplishments with several successful technology companies in the defense, disaster response, finance and energy industries. He is a 1995 graduate of the University of Mississippi, where he earned a bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering. He earned a master’s degree and his Ph.D. in aeronautics and astronautics from Stanford University.
In his new role, Jones will work with Major Gen. Buford “Buff” Blount, U.S. Army (retired), co-founder and chairman of Mav6 to leverage Battle Forge as an economic development engine for the state of Mississippi.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- WILLOUGHBY: Bernie Reed cites hard work as key to success of Reed’s Metals
- Half century of memories — Christmas on Deer Creek to celebrate 50th anniversary
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- Ex-MDEQ leader Fisher joins Butler Snow
- Former MDEQ Executive Director Trudy Fisher joins Butler Snow
- Federal appeals court: State's abortion law is unconstitutional
- Can Metrocenter rise from the ashes? Again
- Gulf oil rig explosion kills one worker, injures three
- Hunting deer? There's an app for that