Jones named director
by MBJ Staff
Published: March 18,2012
Henry L. Jones II has been named director of Mississippi State University‘s recently launched Center for Battlefield Innovation, also known as Battle Forge. Headquartered in Vicksburg, the new center is a collaboration between the land-grant institution and the defense contractor Mav6. Jones will also serve as chief technology officer for Mav6, LLC.
Jones has an extensive track record of accomplishments with several successful technology companies in the defense, disaster response, finance and energy industries. He is a 1995 graduate of the University of Mississippi, where he earned a bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering. He earned a master’s degree and his Ph.D. in aeronautics and astronautics from Stanford University.
In his new role, Jones will work with Major Gen. Buford “Buff” Blount, U.S. Army (retired), co-founder and chairman of Mav6 to leverage Battle Forge as an economic development engine for the state of Mississippi.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Mad Genius, Eyevox owner acquires Mississippi Film Studios
- Tragedy for Jackson Prep: Football player Walker Wilbanks dies
- McDaniel files legal arguments as he looks to overturn Cochran loss
- Payday lender, fired executive exchanging blame for lender’s regulatory woes
- UMMC reaching out after death of high school football player
- Fitch gives Mississippi Power a negative outlook due to Kemper plant
- UPDATED: Jackson agrees to repay HUD $1.5 million for Farish Street blunders
- Mississippi River mayors announce 'seed money' for waterfront developments
- Payday lender expects clean bill from regulators