Jones named director
by MBJ Staff
Published: March 18,2012
Henry L. Jones II has been named director of Mississippi State University‘s recently launched Center for Battlefield Innovation, also known as Battle Forge. Headquartered in Vicksburg, the new center is a collaboration between the land-grant institution and the defense contractor Mav6. Jones will also serve as chief technology officer for Mav6, LLC.
Jones has an extensive track record of accomplishments with several successful technology companies in the defense, disaster response, finance and energy industries. He is a 1995 graduate of the University of Mississippi, where he earned a bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering. He earned a master’s degree and his Ph.D. in aeronautics and astronautics from Stanford University.
In his new role, Jones will work with Major Gen. Buford “Buff” Blount, U.S. Army (retired), co-founder and chairman of Mav6 to leverage Battle Forge as an economic development engine for the state of Mississippi.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Prescription for success — Transcript Pharmacy continues fast growth
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- MSU researchers develop timber-management software
- New law on taxing methods hailed as big win for businesses
- Panther Creek megasite — Putting a value proposition out there
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- BBB issues warning involving asphalt paving scam
- Panther Creek's location in medical industry zone boosts bio-med prospects
- Running luxury car dealerships, like Mercedes of Jackson, comes naturally to Trudy Higginbotham Moody
- Baker Donelson's David A. Rueff Jr. co-authors guide