Ledbetter appointed to chair
by MBJ Staff
Published: March 18,2012
J.W. Ledbetter, homeland security advisor for Gov. Phil Bryant and executive director for the Mississippi Office of Homeland Security, has been appointed to the Executive Committee of the State, Local, Tribal, and Territorial Government Coordinating Council (SLTTGCC) as chairman for the Homeland Security Advisors Working Group (HSA-WG). Ledbetter also serves as chairman of the Critical Infrastructure Protection Committee for the Governors Homeland Security Advisors Council (GHSAC).
A graduate of the University of Southern Mississippi, Ledbetter has a degree in criminal justice and is a certified law enforcement officer in the state of Mississippi. He is also an agro terrorism master trainer. Ledbetter served for 12 years in the Madison County Sheriff’s Office as deputy sheriff, criminal investigator and dive team leader. He also worked for 12 years in the Mississippi Gaming Commission as director of enforcement, director of investigations, director of intelligence and director of criminal investigations. Ledbetter served as statewide emergency response coordinator before being appointed in 2006 to his current position with the MOHS.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Two BancorpSouth mergers delayed by federal inquiries
- Severstal selling plants, including Severstal Columbus
- Wasted away — Margaritaville in Biloxi to close by Sept. 19
- Moon River Foods creating 100 jobs in Mississippi Delta
- WILLOUGHBY: Broadband Voice founder Gary Watts isn’t afraid to take chances
- Communities awarded national Main Street accreditation
- Police find Attorney General Hood's stolen handgun
- Pickwick Pines settles lawsuit; pays $260K
- MSU sets new annual fundraising record of $106M-plus