Ledbetter appointed to chair
by MBJ Staff
Published: March 18,2012
J.W. Ledbetter, homeland security advisor for Gov. Phil Bryant and executive director for the Mississippi Office of Homeland Security, has been appointed to the Executive Committee of the State, Local, Tribal, and Territorial Government Coordinating Council (SLTTGCC) as chairman for the Homeland Security Advisors Working Group (HSA-WG). Ledbetter also serves as chairman of the Critical Infrastructure Protection Committee for the Governors Homeland Security Advisors Council (GHSAC).
A graduate of the University of Southern Mississippi, Ledbetter has a degree in criminal justice and is a certified law enforcement officer in the state of Mississippi. He is also an agro terrorism master trainer. Ledbetter served for 12 years in the Madison County Sheriff’s Office as deputy sheriff, criminal investigator and dive team leader. He also worked for 12 years in the Mississippi Gaming Commission as director of enforcement, director of investigations, director of intelligence and director of criminal investigations. Ledbetter served as statewide emergency response coordinator before being appointed in 2006 to his current position with the MOHS.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Peavey's wellness program honored after workers drop 1,000 pounds
- Pickering lists concerns over Mississippi Adequate Education Program formula
- Group, lesbian couples look to overturn state's ban on same-sex marriages
- Watkins says JRA out to block him from Farish by repaying HUD $1.5M
- Mississippi Film Studios signs contract with New Orleans company
- State renews battle over water use with city of Memphis
- Mars Food expanding Delta plant; investing $31M and adding jobs
- DAVID DALLAS: You say “Obama”, I say “Ebola”
- Biloxi baseball project still alive but may be held for 2015