Ledbetter appointed to chair
by MBJ Staff
Published: March 18,2012
J.W. Ledbetter, homeland security advisor for Gov. Phil Bryant and executive director for the Mississippi Office of Homeland Security, has been appointed to the Executive Committee of the State, Local, Tribal, and Territorial Government Coordinating Council (SLTTGCC) as chairman for the Homeland Security Advisors Working Group (HSA-WG). Ledbetter also serves as chairman of the Critical Infrastructure Protection Committee for the Governors Homeland Security Advisors Council (GHSAC).
A graduate of the University of Southern Mississippi, Ledbetter has a degree in criminal justice and is a certified law enforcement officer in the state of Mississippi. He is also an agro terrorism master trainer. Ledbetter served for 12 years in the Madison County Sheriff’s Office as deputy sheriff, criminal investigator and dive team leader. He also worked for 12 years in the Mississippi Gaming Commission as director of enforcement, director of investigations, director of intelligence and director of criminal investigations. Ledbetter served as statewide emergency response coordinator before being appointed in 2006 to his current position with the MOHS.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Click Boutique revives Hattiesburg downtown retail district
- KEEPING OUR EYE ON: Elizabeth Harris
- Brown would make history if confirmed as judge
- Real estate company paying $1M for compromising wetlands
- Fervor grows for Tuscaloosa Marine Shale
- Authorities: Suspect in ricin-laced letters case appeared to try to run
- Undersecretary: 'I understand the frustration' over catfish inspections
- Nullification and interposition
- Froyo y’all: Couple brings 'delicious' dessert to Delta