MAS recognizes Bateman
by MBJ Staff
Published: March 18,2012
Dr. Robert Bateman, professor of biochemistry for the William Carey University College of Osteopathic Medicine (WCUCOM), received The Dudley F. Peeler Outstanding Contributions to the Mississippi Academy of Sciences Award (the Peeler Award) at the Mississippi Academy of Sciences (MAS) 76th annual meeting at the Hattiesburg Lake Terrace Convention Center.
The Peeler Award recognizes a member of the MAS for long-term service to the Academy. Bateman has served as MAS division chair and president, and previously received the MAS Outstanding Contributions to Science Award in 2001.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- Brandon man hauls in record 756-pound alligator
- Is cotton looking too good? Farmers facing weaker prices
- Woman found guilty of murder in buttocks injection case
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- Mississippi judge dismisses lawsuit seeking to overturn Sen. Cochran's GOP primary win
- Healthcare Marketplace to look much the same in 2015