MAS recognizes Bateman
by MBJ Staff
Published: March 18,2012
Dr. Robert Bateman, professor of biochemistry for the William Carey University College of Osteopathic Medicine (WCUCOM), received The Dudley F. Peeler Outstanding Contributions to the Mississippi Academy of Sciences Award (the Peeler Award) at the Mississippi Academy of Sciences (MAS) 76th annual meeting at the Hattiesburg Lake Terrace Convention Center.
The Peeler Award recognizes a member of the MAS for long-term service to the Academy. Bateman has served as MAS division chair and president, and previously received the MAS Outstanding Contributions to Science Award in 2001.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Judge moves McDaniel's lawsuit challenging loss to Cochran
- Tragedy for Jackson Prep: Football player Walker Wilbanks dies
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- TECH 21 — Mississippi's most wanted in technology
- DAVID DALLAS — Mississippi needs one university
- Scientists seeing more invasive trapjaw ants on Coast
- R.J. Allen ranked as fastest-growing company in Mississippi
- Senate election ballot approved as McDaniel's challenge continues
- Trop Greenville ahead of schedule on significant expansion