Raggio earns certification
by MBJ Staff
Published: March 18,2012
Tags: American Board of Internal Medicine, Hattiesburg Clinic, Louisiana State University School of Medicine, Michael Raggio, Mississippi, Mississippi Business Journal, Wake Forest University School of Medicine
Michael J. Raggio, M.D., a pulmonary medicine physician at Hattiesburg Clinic, has successfully earned his board certification in sleep medicine from the American Board of Internal Medicine. In order to obtain the certification, Raggio completed practice experiences, demonstrated procedural skills and moral and ethical behavior in a clinic setting. In addition, he passed the extensive sleep medicine certification examination.
Raggio currently practices in Hattiesburg Clinic’s department of Pulmonary Medicine and at The Center for Sleep Medicine. He obtained his medical degree from Louisiana State University School of Medicine in Shreveport, La. His experience includes an internal medicine internship and residency at Louisiana State University School of Medicine in Baton Rouge, La., as well as a fellowship in pulmonary disease and critical care medicine at Wake Forest University School of Medicine in Winston-Salem, N.C.
Raggio is also board certified in pulmonary medicine and critical care. His professional memberships consist of the American College of Chest Physicians, American Thoracic Society and the Society of Critical Care Medicine.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- District at Eastover construction to start later this year
- Fervor grows for Tuscaloosa Marine Shale
- Ex-Northwest Rankin coach David Coates dies before drug trial
- Stabenow, Cochran brace for full Senate vote on Farm Bill
- Keeping Our Eye On Nathan McNeill
- With no interim, board begins hunt for MVSU president
- LNG facility hoping to begin exporting natural gas
- Counties ‘hoping to get it right’ as they await Tuscaloosa Marine shale boom